Community > Project / Coder's Corner

Is it bad if I give big credits but don't have permission?

(1/2) > >>

eliris:
Hey there all of you, I'm new here so Hope we have a great time together.
Well I am a game designer, I am willing to start a serious project (big game, indie game if possible) similar to a game named Lyle in cube sector (known worldwide but the author used music without permission), so I don't have the contacts to the music maker, some even doesn't have any trace online, some are too big artists that they don't reply.
So if I make a game and put credits to them even at the beginning, will it be ok or bad?
thanks

Saga Musix:
The obvious answer is: It's not ok.
The sensible answer is: If we're talking about some 20 years old modules, noone does probably care.
A good suggestion: Try to find someone who could write some music for you, or resort to music for which you can get permission to use, or look for public domain / CC-licensed stuff on ModArchive (the license filter might help there).

eliris:
Ah, ok thanks to you or letting me know, well I'm going to try out your tips,
well while I was searching for music for my game, I avoided artists such as Dubmood or zabutom or estrayk, as they're still alive but doesn't reply

Saga Musix:
dubmood and zabutom are both still pretty active. You can try reaching zabutom f.e. on #chipmusic on irc.esper.net, for dubmood I don't know any private contact details but he's active on pouet.net.

eliris:
okay

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version