Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd space after a note-on.  (Read 4060 times)

mrsammy

• New User
    • View Profile
Odd space after a note-on.
« on: October 14, 2011, 00:38:59 »

Hey. This is probably a pretty noob question, but I am not exactly knowledgeable enough in tracker use quite yet, though I have had prior experience with FamiTracker.

Basically, in MilkyTracker, when I insert a note into the pattern editor, the tracker automatically puts my cursor one space away from the note, which makes song editing extremely awkward. To help visualize my point, here are the following screenshots.

http://cl.ly/223m0V2n3n3H3X1H0C13
http://cl.ly/0x072P3t1y2x003o2N1x

Note that I did not hit the "down" key after making that first note, the tracker automatically shifted it an extra space down, which is very inconvenient.

How may I disable this feature?

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Odd space after a note-on.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:14:56 »

You have (probably accidentally) increased the "Add" value in the tracker. Check under BPM and Spd. I'm gonna go ahead and say you've pressed the "½/§/~/`" key below Esc to do that. Pressing that together with Shift decreases the number of skipped rows. And it looks like these two might be missing from the manual, good catch.

Anyway, this is an editor setting that's easily changed so there's little point in explicitly disabling the feature. Which you can't do. Just stick to Add value 1 if you don't find the rest of them useful. :)

mrsammy

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Odd space after a note-on.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 00:21:43 »

Oh shit, the solution was right under my nose. I was just checking out my BPM at the moment. Wasn't paying much attention to that Add value. Thanks for pointing that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up