Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: libbass-based module player for Linux  (Read 41184 times)

Koli

• View Profile
    • BitFellas
Re: libbass-based module player for Linux
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 16:13:44 »

It only happens when the current module has finished playing. If I stop it before it reaches the end and open another one, it doesn't throw a segmentation fault.

almos

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 17:28:51 »

All right - that's the first thing I'm going to look into when preparing an update. Strange that the problem didn't show up when I was testing the program.

almos

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 16:08:57 »

Sorry for double posting - I decided to do away with my own threads and rely on the in-built BASS event system instead. The problem is that now the program likes to "hang" on my computer until I click on one of the buttons - I used to have same problem when using my own thread to update the slider position, with the difference that when I ordered my thread to sleep for a considerably long time (but short enough for the user to notice that the slider is not moving) the problem seemed to lessen to a considerable degree. On the other hand, the problem that Koli mentioned of should be now gone. The amended version can be downloaded from Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/almos666.u/files/bassplay_gtk-0.1.1.tar.gz/download

EDIT: I played two modules in a row using the updated player and the program didn't "hang", so maybe other users won't experience the issue. This way or another, I'd appreciate any feedback from the Linux users willing to test the program on their own machines.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 16:13:02 by almos »

almos

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 08:56:56 »

After a long hiatus I'm posting another update to the GTK version of Bassplay. The player now saves the session data (such as the last song played and the last directory used) to the /tmp directory, so the user doesn't have to navigate back to his Mod directory each and every time he runs the application. Will update to saving to home directory. I should have added this functionality in the beginning, but job pressure and associated stuff prevented me.

The new version is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/almos666.u/files/latest/download?source=files

EDIT: It was completely stupid for me to upload the previous version - the new version creates a hidden folder in user's home directory and that's where it stores the session data. The download link above still applies.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 18:15:39 by almos »

almos

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 18:22:08 »

The project has moved to Github (https://github.com/AlekMosingiewicz/bassplay-gtk). I'll try to update it as frequently as I can. So far I fixed a couple of memory allocation errors that popped up under Linux Mint, and also made the distribution more Ubuntu-friendly.

Happy listening!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up