Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for MODs with specific structure  (Read 6537 times)

Kliyo

• New User
    • View Profile
Looking for MODs with specific structure
« on: March 07, 2012, 18:05:04 »

Hi there! I'm new with all this tracking stuff and I'm not sure where to look, or who to ask.

I`m looking for:
Some mods with a "Main Theme" and a couple of "Variants" (specially an "Action Variant" or   "Battle Variant" of the same theme). Each of these elements should be looped so each variant can keep going indifinetly and the alternation from one to another must be made manually.

AND

A player where I can shift manually between "Variants", preferably in a subtle manner (like a gradual transition or waiting for the current pattern to end before shifting...).

In sum, I want to do what some Videogame soundtracks do. Keep one theme playing until combat starts, then changing manually to the "Battle Variant".
Am I chasing a chimera or it does exist something like this?

(Is it clear? I'm Spanish, so I'm not sure if I'm expressing myself correctly either in meaning or grammar, so feel free to ask for further explanation or correct any expression.)

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 18:24:01 by Kliyo »

Beyond

Re: Looking for MODs with specific structure
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 18:25:34 »

If you don't need the *.mod format perhaps some of Alexander Brandons (Siren) songs will suffice. The Jazz Jackrabbit songs does not have different sections but most others seem to have that. I know Neve's crossing has and one of the NYC songs. And also Nightvision I believe.

http://www.modules.pl/?id=modules&aid=120

Beyond

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 18:28:38 »

And if you don't find anything someone could always write you a song ;)

Beyond

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 18:31:18 »

And about the player. XMplay can loop sections once or forever but do not switch between them manually as far as I know

Beyond

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 18:32:59 »

http://www.un4seen.com/

A link.
sorry for the multiple replies here (if anyone get annoyed), but the edit button doesn't work.

Kliyo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 18:53:03 »

At the moment I'm using MODplug tracker and it does the looping fine, but the manual shift is somewhat sudden. If I knew how to edit the looping parts i could edit other people songs to my purpose (don't worry, is just for personal use)
About someone writting the songs for me, that would be sweet. I would feel like a teen being courted by a young musician (insert girlish laugh here), but it's not likely to happen.  

Btw, Siren's work on Deus Ex soundtrack (I presume is his) is what has sent me on this quest for similar music  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 19:07:25 by Kliyo »

Beyond

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 22:02:50 »

Ook. I thought you had a game up or something.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 08:11:11 »

And about the player. XMplay can loop sections once or forever but do not switch between them manually as far as I know

You can skip sections in XMPlay by right-clicking the prev/next song buttons but the change is immediate, so no waiting for until the pattern is done playing. MilkyTracker has a live mode that delays a pattern change until the current one is done but there is no section skipping, so you have to manually traverse the pattern order table to the right spot while the current pattern is playing. The documentation is sparse but it's mentioned in the manual and in the FAQ (Q#10).

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 15:36:46 »

I`m looking for:
Some mods with a "Main Theme" and a couple of "Variants" (specially an "Action Variant" or   "Battle Variant" of the same theme). Each of these elements should be looped so each variant can keep going indifinetly and the alternation from one to another must be made manually.
Just look out for 80s and 90s game music MODs, there are many of them - the already mentioned work by Alex Brandon and related people for the Unreal Engine games are only the tip of the iceberg.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up