Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Earth Dweller / DSS music, please?  (Read 3031 times)

oneingray

• New User
    • View Profile
An Earth Dweller / DSS music, please?
« on: November 08, 2012, 16:47:08 »

… So far, I was able to locate only his Bytefall '96 submission (3 modules, including Great Canyon — one of my favorites back around that time), but I'm still looking for more.

BTW, while the TMA upload form offers a “No. I am uploading material I understand to be in the Public Domain, or have acquired permission from the author to upload the material here” choice, it doesn't seem to be applicable to the case. However, for these modules, my guess is that the author won't disapprove non-commercial redistribution of his music anyway, even if he didn't/won't put them into the Public Domain (= “no copyright protection at all, do what you want.”) Shouldn't there be an upload option (the third one) stating that, to the best of the uploader's knowledge, the module may be freely redistributed, verbatim, on non-commercial basis, though no explicit Public Domain dedication is known to exist?

FWIW, World of Spectrum successfully distributes 8-bit software unless the copyright holders (which they try to find and contact periodically) disallow them to do that, even if such software wasn't explicitly placed into the Public Domain.

TIA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up