Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mod Archive Content List  (Read 6896 times)

SparkyNZ

• New User
    • View Profile
Mod Archive Content List
« on: June 22, 2013, 07:44:52 »

Hi. Is there a contents list of what is the mod archive torrent files?

Say for example in the 2007 120,000 zip content there are folders such as A which contain AA.zip thru AZ.zip etc. Each zip contains a blahblah_mod.zip file.

Is there a .txt file which lists which blahblah.mod.zip file is written by which author?

I have my own mod player which I've written but I would like to be able to search an index for tunes by a particular author/artist.

If anybody can direct me to such a list I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers
Sparky
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:46:53 by SparkyNZ »

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Mod Archive Content List
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 14:27:49 »

Nope, but you might be able to achieve that with the API (see the appropriate sub forum here). Note that only a fraction of all modules are associated with artist accounts, though.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

SparkyNZ

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Archive Content List
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 22:20:44 »

Nope, but you might be able to achieve that with the API (see the appropriate sub forum here). Note that only a fraction of all modules are associated with artist accounts, though.

Thanks for that. I'll give the API a try. Even if I can get some artist info out it will be useful. I'm working on a player that will allow me to play random tunes and if one comes on that sounds good I can then play a random picking from the same author.. Managed to do that with C64 SIDs.. would be great to do that with MODs. Shame there was never really a dedicated artist name field in all mod files formats. I used to put mine in empty instrument/sample slots. :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up