Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chiptunes made on a DSI Tempest  (Read 5224 times)

Vaina Moinen

• New User
    • View Profile
Chiptunes made on a DSI Tempest
« on: March 30, 2013, 01:33:36 »

Hello everyone, I'm still learning Milkytracker and haven't completed anything yet, but I'd like to post the chiptunes I've already made with my Tempest drum machine/synth. This is a Soundcloud link to a set of five tunes:

https://soundcloud.com/vainamoinen/sets/demo

I'm having trouble trying to decide whether I want to stick to the Tempest and other hardware or go fully computer with Milky. I have to say I'm currently addicted to Milky tracker, can't keep myself away from it. The only trouble is the investment I've already made in my gear and the fact that I'd like to upgrade my computer if I were going to start using Milky for playing live.

This is also my first post in general so hello to all and thanks for listening!

xero

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Chiptunes made on a DSI Tempest
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 19:35:22 »

x

sounds good! I'm not aware of Tempest, how long have you been making music?

Vaina Moinen

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Chiptunes made on a DSI Tempest
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:21:07 »

Good to hear, thanks!

I've been making music for 10 or 11 years now. Mostly guitar-based rock. Fell into synths and stuff about three years ago and only discovered tracking in the last few months. I've always liked video game music but didn't know much about chiptunes. This whole site and many others have been hugely educational. I'm actually selling my Tempest now that I've found tracking and have devoted some time to learning how to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up