Website > Ripper / Plagiarism Reports

Composer identity fraud

<< < (4/4)

Saga Musix:
Well, at least they're not Rob's... just like that one XM there.

timelord:
I'd like to thank Saga for taking the time to do this, and it's a great shame that it was necessary.  But on to better things...

To anyone interested, I took some time out of my other musical productions to compose a new track in the .it format once again, the first in a very long time.  Was a very welcome diversion and I'm pleased with the outcome.  Available now:

http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=174156

timelord:

--- Quote from: Axxy on July 13, 2013, 15:45:11 ---I just wanted to add a couple more things to this thread and then I'm done.

Now, this might be hard to verify but, looking at the Timelord modules on Modland, these might very well have been contributed by me, back in 2000 and something when I sent in 4 dvds full of mods. Renamed filenames is a bit of a giveaway, but a possibility.

That might also apply to AMP too.  I contributed about 18,000+ modules back in the day as well.  It is hard to say whether they were in with that lot I sent in, so that also could contradict the above quote as well.

On another matter. Modland has a further 2 s3m' in the Timelord folder, called "Luigi" and "Gryphon".  Maybe we could get confirmation of these 2 modules as they both appear under the "Mike" artist here on ModArchive.

--- End quote ---

I think in the case of these two, they contained sample text with the word timelord and were accidentally put in my directory..  I recognize a sample in Luigi.

That song by the way is one of my favorites now, builds up nicely, lots of feeling in it.  No idea who made it.

Axxy:

--- Quote ---That song by the way is one of my favorites now, builds up nicely, lots of feeling in it.  No idea who made it.
--- End quote ---

They are both under the Artist "Mike" here at Modarchive.

And btw, very nice piece of music for Spheroid. I'm surprised after 16 years you would remember how to use Impulse Tracker or get it to work on modern day machines or did you use a different tracker?

A very nice addition to your other modules and feel free to compose some more...  ;)

timelord:

--- Quote from: Axxy on July 19, 2013, 12:24:20 ---They are both under the Artist "Mike" here at Modarchive.

And btw, very nice piece of music for Spheroid. I'm surprised after 16 years you would remember how to use Impulse Tracker or get it to work on modern day machines or did you use a different tracker?

A very nice addition to your other modules and feel free to compose some more...  ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks.. I actually used Schism which is a modern clone of Impulse Tracker.  All the keys and layouts are the same, apart from forgetting all of the effects the entire process was like riding a bike.

Although I am more dedicated to professional audio now, this is definitely something I can come back to every now and again for future releases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version