Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: API Key for embeddable widget and mobile player  (Read 3594 times)

Teelord

• Tasted the Pie
    • View Profile
API Key for embeddable widget and mobile player
« on: September 03, 2013, 12:06:55 »

I'm a developer and user experience designer and have drawn up designs in the hope of developing an embeddable web widget to play MODs, along with a mobile and potentially a desktop app to do the same. In order to proceed with my project, I require an API key.

The plan is to have the mobile and desktop apps cache any downloaded songs locally, allowing users to build up a personal collection while limiting repeat downloads. The widget will be configurable to "point" to a specific song (or playlist of songs) in TMA. The apps will allow users to run basic searches against TMA, build up their collection and play songs in style. The applications will be based on a shared core of code. The mobile and desktop apps will be cross-platform. The desktop app will be a small, lightweight player that can be minimized to the "tray" or iconified.

I plan to develop the web widget first (since it's the simplest) and will re-use and augment its code to make the apps. The styling of the UIs will be "retro-90's" and will be a tribute to the spirit and unique style of the Amiga and ST demo scenes.

Thanks for your time,

Teelord

m0d

• Architect v3-4.0b
  • Administrator
  • Lerd of the Pies
  • M0d
    • View Profile
    • http://winter.pics
Re: API Key for embeddable widget and mobile player
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 14:20:19 »

Responded privately.

Seems your last post got nuked in the database restore yesterday. Glad you reposted.
The Architect 🤔

m0d

• Architect v3-4.0b
  • Administrator
  • Lerd of the Pies
  • M0d
    • View Profile
    • http://winter.pics
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 13:23:55 »

Any updates on this? You key expired but it can be extended if you still need it. I'm looking for a new web player as our Java one is now broken by security improvements to Java.
The Architect 🤔

DragShot

• Needs more Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 22:59:59 »

Any updates on this? You key expired but it can be extended if you still need it. I'm looking for a new web player as our Java one is now broken by security improvements to Java.

This is why I stick with 7u21. Even I tried decompilling and boosting your JMod Player, but after compiling it I found these issues :T .

DragShot

• Needs more Pie
    • View Profile
About the mod player thing
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 22:42:25 »

Going a bit off-topic, but keeping the last dialog, you might want to give a look at this: http://modarchive.org/forums/index.php?topic=3576.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up