Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [FOUND] Future.mod <= 1996 .. ??? - crapzwtitle.mod  (Read 5592 times)

lem79

• New User
    • View Profile
[FOUND] Future.mod <= 1996 .. ??? - crapzwtitle.mod
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:56:21 »

Hi all,

I've searched high and low (ModLand, ModArchive, friends' mod collections, old hard disk images, coverdisks, etc), and I haven't been able to find a mod I used to have.

The mod was called Future, though it may have a different name. Here's what I remember about it:

* Started off with a drum loop sample
* Lead instrument was a distorted guitar, which kinda stuttered at  times (volume stuttering)
 - The distorted guitar sample sounded almost identical (maybe it was) to the distorted guitar in Tune 2.mod by Dr Awesome.
* Had a zappy synth sound
* Was between 100 and 300kb (definitely not more than 400). I think it was in the 200k range.
* The mod existed before early 1996 (proof in my old playlists, date stamped as 1996-03), I believe I acquired it in 1993 or 1994.

That's about it. omg would it be awesome to get this tune back. Any ideas?

Cheers  ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:24:55 by lem79 »

Sample Damage

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Future.mod <= 1996 .. ???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:53:42 »

has it got a sample in it "i am the way of the future" ???
/ title (The Future Hurts)

lem79

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:09:04 »

I don't recall any vocal samples in it, no.. The Future Hurts, is that an S3M? (the only mod on ModLand with that title is an S3M).

This module I'm looking for was definitely 4 channel, and I'm pretty sure it was Protracker (or OctaMED, but unlikely).

It'll be a miracle if I find it :D  Thanks for the input :)

Sample Damage

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 02:48:26 »

ahh yeah was a S3m too sorry, i got a load of stuff between 94 - 96, i will keep looking, for some reason all this sounds familiar.........

lem79

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 08:24:08 »

I knew I had a thread somewhere about Future.mod .... the answer is:

crapzwtitle.mod - the Zone Warrior title tune by Barry Leitch.

I found it at the start of a brute-force method of finding mods.. downloading 10Gb of ProTracker mods from Modland and listening to them all, lol ... thankfully for me though, out of the ~32000 (~6Gb) of mods I got, and of the 9000 that got "shortlisted" (150-280kb size), it was about #150 that I happened to hear. It was in the -unknown folder, but also in Barry Leitch's folder.

Yay. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up