Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating new versions of music files  (Read 6609 times)

KRSplat

• New User
    • View Profile
Updating new versions of music files
« on: March 23, 2015, 01:10:03 »

Hey, I bet this topic has already been covered before. But I figure I'll ask -

If I just want to upload a new version of a track already hosted in my modules, can I just replace the old file? Would I have to upload it as a separate song? Or is that not allowed at all? I'm just not sure what's the protocol here. Thanks! :-)

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Updating new versions of music files
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:01 »

If it's just a minor mistake you fixed, we can talk about uploading a new version and replacing the old one (do mention which file you intend to replace here, though). Otherwise, we generally don't delete old modules.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

KRSplat

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Updating new versions of music files
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:04 »

Thanks for the helpful response! And even more, thanks for hosting these files online.

Actually, I made changes to every single module in my account (KRSplat, ID 82745).

splat_rubicon_remix.it
camel_duels_march.it
jazzj2diamfeat.it
jazzj1diam.it
jazzj4tubefeat.it
jazzj3tube.it
jazzj6medifeat.it
jazzj5medi.it

Not huge or fundamental changes though. I basically shortened the filenames, updated metadata, and changed some volume levels (possibly remastering).

It could still be time-consuming to enter a process of habitually revising and updating files, then uploading and reuploading them. So that's why I'm wondering if the website manager(s) are deterministic about it. But I'd be happy to upload updated versions of these songs (even though most aren't my original compositions; some are transcriptions, some are remixes).
Pages: [1]   Go Up