Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an ambient dub/pop .IT track from '96-98  (Read 4027 times)

ssri

• New User
    • View Profile
Looking for an ambient dub/pop .IT track from '96-98
« on: March 16, 2010, 23:45:35 »

After stumbling across some old mods that I had lying around on a backup drive the other day, I noticed two tracks that were missing.  Luckily, I came across this site and found one, "Rainy Night" by Moby.  For the other one, I remember spending the past few years on and off looking for it (http://www.scene.org/showforum.php?forum=6&topic=188219).  To rehash that old post, the track starts with a gust of wind.  Then, another sample kicks in, which consists of a drop of water falling into a cave pool, resembling somewhat to water drop heard in the old Dune videogame or maybe kind of like the icicle sound heard The Cure's "Cold."  It may sound like a mishmash of the two.  Anyways, this sample is repeated throughout the track.  Then this dubbish drumbeat takes over and continues throughout.  Can anyone identify this track?  Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 19:03:14 by ssri »

ssri

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an ambient dub/pop .IT track from '96-98
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 18:59:36 »

Been listening to some old Mick Rippon and Basehead tracker songs lately and I remembered this post.  I scoured every impulsetracker file from hornet's 1996 archive, but came up empty-handed.  I'm wondering if the above post rings a bell with anyone here.

The wind intro sounds kind of like Twilight's song "Crystal Rain" (m_rain.zip).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:00:25 by ssri »
Pages: [1]   Go Up