Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newschool trackers  (Read 3530 times)

franz_koopa

• New User
    • View Profile
Newschool trackers
« on: July 21, 2014, 10:27:06 »

I would like to form a picture what are the relevant newschool trackers today?

By newschool I mean trackers that have so many new features (like VST support - though it's not necessarily must) that they clearly distinguish themselves from the trackers of the nineties.

So, which newschool trackers are relatively popular? At least Renoise, probably OpenMPT too. How about Sunvox, does it have lots of users? Would you count Buzz & Skaletracker as newschool trackers and are they popular or rather marginal? Any other programs (popular or marginal)?

Then, if somebody think he knows, I would also like to get a picture how large portion - very approximately - of demoscene music released in demos & streaming compos these days is made with tracker type programs? Around 20% or 50%? or 80%?

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Newschool trackers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 13:05:11 »

I guess you mean "3rd-generation tracker", and Buzz happened to be the first of them - so yes, it clearly is one, and there were quite a lot of sceners using it, probably even these days. No idea about Skale, apart from that it's no longer developed.

About the compos, the easiest would be to just go to a demoparty and read the slides carefully. Not everyone reveals the tools they use, though.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker
Pages: [1]   Go Up