Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert XM to WAV or MP3 Please!!!  (Read 38570 times)

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
Re: Convert XM to WAV or MP3 Please!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 18:33:54 »

you can easily batch-convert tunes in xmplay as well, without any obscure instructions like you gave - simply add some tunes to your playlist and hit the play button... and there you are. and I highly doubt that foobar's mod player is nearly as good as xmplay's.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 18:45:01 »

I once heard DUMB was supposed to be good and got curious enough to try said foobar & plugin combo, only to find it failed pretty much on the first random .XM I threw at it.

zzo38

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 06:20:13 »

If you want command-line software (which I do, at least), then another alternative is to use my "playmod" program to render and SoX to convert into the output format you need. Command-line software (whether mine or those written by other people) can help with batch-convert easily too, by writing a batch file. As you can see from this message and all other messages posted here, there are a lot of alternatives.
AmigaMML???

Bryd0

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 19:24:50 »

...why has a 7-year-old thread been bumped? That's not right.

Well anyway, despite that, guess I can throw in my way of converting any module into a WAV or MP3, and that is by using Foobar2000 (only when the "foo_dumb" plugin is used of course). To do that, load your module onto the program, right-click on it as it appears on the playlist window and go to Convert > Quick convert. From there you can convert it to whichever format you like although you can specify the Output bit depth and Dither but I don't think you need to do that unless you care about the quality of the soon-to-be converted file. Or, just go to "Default" and your module would be converted into the default format chosen from the other window.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 02:38:45 »

only when the "foo_dumb" plugin is used of course
Regarding the "of course": There is also an OpenMPT-based input plugin for fb2k. :)
And since command-line converters have been brought up: openmpt123 (from the same link) can be used to write out WAV and other formats as well.
However, since that necropost that revived this old thread heavily looked like an advertisment to me (advertising a non-free product), I have deleted it.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

zzo38

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 04:47:22 »

openmpt123 is probably more accurate than playmod anyways since it uses the OpenMPT playback library, which as far as I know is more accurate than the other one. (However, playmod also has some features I like that I am not sure if openmpt123 has, although playmod cannot output WAV directly (you have to use another program to convert raw output to WAV or MP3 or whatever other format you want).)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 04:55:04 by zzo38 »
AmigaMML???

Bryd0

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 11:29:21 »

Regarding the "of course": There is also an OpenMPT-based input plugin for fb2k. :)
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me :P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up