Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember the first time?  (Read 19259 times)

Ceekayed

• TMA Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • Ceekayed on Soundcloud
Re: Remember the first time?
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 06:05:24 »

For me it was a joke song made by our neighbours (I think it was called "Ripsipiirakka"). It had live guitars and vocals, and it actually sounded quite good sound-wise; that was exceptional at those days, now that I think about it. The neighbours just never released anything over the internet but just made those drunken joke songs for fun. I was around 9 years then, but well, somehow I catched the infection and had ft within a year. Never managed to get anything done with it though, so changed to IT and been stuck with it since then.
So in short, a couple of drunken, anarchist teens changed my life. Or at least half of it. :)

nula

• View Profile
    • nooly/MaRShals
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 10:41:26 »

it was in 92 or such, i was attending basic school and my brother's friend (already at grammar school) brought some modules and a basic mod player (mp.com i think), i remember you could display gif files during playing mods. i had extra low memory so i couldn't play many of the mods because of this, only several worked (goblins.mod, short.mod (great one from walkman) and maybe some i already forgot...)

neptho

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 03:49:51 »

Oh jeez.  It had to be 1992, now.  A friend of mine going to university brought over a couple floppies, which I don't recall.  Eventually, I got Amnesia, Unreal, then Crystal Dreams.  I was hooked.

I remember using DMP and DMPc under DesQview so I could listen to my music and dialup into the uni's digital.. and the 3 days spent trying to figure out the best options to pass to 'sz' to download the files after I got them to the uni.   :'(

TaoPhoenix

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: First time is easy to remember here...
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 06:10:15 »

It was Night of the Dragon, first heard three years ago.
http://modarchive.org/download.php/A/a-drag.it

I cringed when I saw the line in the review guide. However, I'm just getting back into TrackTunes, and my small collection with my notes is stuck on a half-dismantled computer, so this was the only one I could actually recall. As far as that went, I was as fair as possible.

When I carve out some project time, I can post some reviews of my other favorites.

woolters

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 00:56:41 »

My brother (of all people :P) provided me with an early version of Fasttracker, together with some tunes. I played the songs Agony and Just Can't Get Enough probably a thousand times...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up