Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: vst effects problems for uploading  (Read 11087 times)

raludergus

• New User
    • View Profile
vst effects problems for uploading
« on: October 31, 2006, 05:23:45 »

i gotta find a way to embed vst patches in the .it files or something so people can listen to the uploaded traks with the effects working -- unless anyone else knows another solution. ;)

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 11:55:29 »

If you use VST in ModPlug Tracker, it will embed the VST in the IT module. However, only ModPlug Tracker can play that module correctly (not even ModPlug Player can play it!).

IT originally did not have VST support (as far as I know), so it is no surprise that few, if any, player could play an IT correctly with it.
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 22:40:30 »

well you can't include the whole VST dll into the MODs, i think this is raludergus' problem...
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 01:09:32 »

Hmmmm lets get a little perspective here and a few facts up front.

The moment dlls (plugins/VSTs) get included in standard mods-formats is the moment modules become non-standard and completely platform dependant (think about it, plugins are binary code).  Modules that require use of VSTs are essentially using external processors and therefore should be released as prerendered files (mp3s) elsewhere.  Who says you're allowed to steal and redistribute a repackaged 3rd party VST/plugin with your music anyway?

Inclusion of VST/plugins specifically in standard mod/xm/s3m/it/669 files is something that just isn't (and won't be) supported here at modarchive, nor on the vast majority of players. The reason why modplug allows this in its tracker is simply to allow support for it within the tracker to create a prerendered file, as far as i know anyway.
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Rikimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 02:11:33 »

I haven't uploaded anything in a good while to Mod Archive, since I use ModPlug Tracker as well, and I've gotten so nit-picky about my use of (excessive ;)) effects, filters and such, that it's gotten to the point that only ModPlug Tracker plays them correctly.  So I can see the situation you find yourself in.  (Though I don't use VSTs)  

What I'm probably going to do is use Mod Archive as an 'open source' repository for my music and direct people to my MP3 recordings of my tunes (which, I have also yet to upload somewhere).  Anyway, what I'm saying is you could do the same.  It's not the best solution, I know, but you did ask for 'alternate solutions,' so that's my input.
quot;I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

raludergus

• New User
    • View Profile
cool, thanks...
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 05:38:30 »

ok. even though mp3 is pretty much the compatible means of getting traks out as they should sound. another alternative i'm considering is just making short wave samples per instrument using the vsts (considering that modplug tracker is very useful for automating effects). the downside is a large file size as each effect change will be a seperate sample...thnx though.

Rikimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 05:41:20 »

Ah, that's pretty clever, yeah.  Let me know how that turns out.  I might try to play with some of that myself.
quot;I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up