Website > Help Support Topics Archive

Delete modules

(1/3) > >>

ncovert:
Odd question, but where can I delete the modules I've uploaded to the archive? I can't find such a tool anywhere.

Saga Musix:
https://modarchive.org/index.php?faq-removal-policy

ncovert:
What kind of policy is that? That's like if YouTube were to say you're not allowed to remove your own videos or Flickr didn't allow you to remove photos. I really do think you should revise your policies to allow people to...oh, I don't know...actually have some control over the works they've created? Every other content-sharing website worth its salt, including module-sharing websites like Amiga Music Preservation and Nectarine's Scenemusic, has some sort of way for authors to manage their works or is at least happy to remove them with just a simple request letter. You're just asking for a cease and desist lawsuit from some disgruntled artist who has too much time and money on their hands.

fuzion_mixer:

--- Quote ---That's like if YouTube were to say you're not allowed to remove your own videos or Flickr didn't allow you to remove photos.
--- End quote ---

This is ModArchive...as in an archive for modules. Don't even compare TMA to Youtube or Flickr because I'm sure their priorities are different.

--- Quote ---I really do think you should revise your policies to allow people to...oh, I don't know...actually have some control over the works they've created?
--- End quote ---

Saga actually provided the reasons as to why TMA has policies like this (its from some other people asking the same thing as you)...I really hope you start to dig deeper into the forums to find such things.

--- Quote ---Every other content-sharing website worth its salt, including module-sharing websites like Amiga Music Preservation and Nectarine's Scenemusic, has some sort of way for authors to manage their works or is at least happy to remove them with just a simple request letter.
--- End quote ---

It's not like TMA doesn't allow you to remove your modules, but you have to understand that just because of a petty reason like "I don't like this module I made in 1998...I want it removed" doesn't constitute enough validity for it to be removed. People really need to learn how to make final decisions before they proceed to share it here because what is done can't be undone (realistically speaking)...so if you can't cope with this, I suggest you find another place to share your works which allows such things.

--- Quote ---You're just asking for a cease and desist lawsuit from some disgruntled artist who has too much time and money on their hands.
--- End quote ---

And I wouldn't think some big-shot module artist would even bother to want to file a lawsuit against TMA (or any module-sharing website for that matter) partly because...oh, I don't know...they don't find any trouble uploading their content?

Just throwing in my two cents into this subject (if ever my argument is immaterial. Sorry if it ever is...)

ncovert:

--- Quote ---It's not like TMA doesn't allow you to remove your modules
--- End quote ---
It is like that, though.

--- Quote ---just because of a petty reason like "I don't like this module I made in 1998...I want it removed" doesn't constitute enough validity for it to be removed
--- End quote ---
It's a good enough reason on literally any other content-sharing site on the internet. What's TMA's justification for going against the grain?

--- Quote ---People really need to learn how to make final decisions before they proceed to share it here because what is done can't be undone
--- End quote ---
Not everyone thinks things through. I sure as hell don't. And even if someone does make a well-considered decision, it's not like they won't change their mind down the road.

--- Quote ---I suggest you find another place to share your works which allows such things.
--- End quote ---
I definitely will do so if I ever come up with something worth sharing.

--- Quote ---oh, I don't know...they don't find any trouble uploading their content?
--- End quote ---
Everyone starts out small at some point. An artist who makes it big was once an amateur, and many artists wouldn't want to sully their reputation by associating their name with a crappy song that they made years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version