Music Production > Tracking

Trackers for Android

<< < (2/2)

Rave669:
Well, just as a heads up, I will probably be making a purchase of SunVOX in the near future; not just for tracking, but for it's synth modelling as well; Some folks have made some really cool standalone synthesizers with it, it's been giving me some ideas.

Just to prove my point however, I've been making a project only using PixiTracker. I'll post it up when it's done so you can hear what can be done with it. Many may not view Android as a viable platform, but I believe it has a place in the creative process, even in the tracker scene.

Saga Musix:
Just to make my point more clear; it's not necessarily just the input (in)capabilities of the devices that are so severely limiting there. I see a lot of people asking "why don't you port tracker X to Android?" and most often the only sensible answer to that question is "because it's not designed for mobile devices." If you really want someone to work well on mobile, it needs a UI designed from scratch that aids you where the lack of keyboard controls matter the most.

dmytrol:

--- Quote from: Saga Musix on November 24, 2017, 11:06:29 ---I see a lot of people asking "why don't you port tracker X to Android?" and most often the only sensible answer to that question is "because it's not designed for mobile devices." If you really want someone to work well on mobile, it needs a UI designed from scratch that aids you where the lack of keyboard controls matter the most.

--- End quote ---

Hi there and merry Christmas,

I know this thread is couple of years old; I've bumped into it occasionally when googling for Android module trackers. Let me ask you this: is there still interest in an Android-based module tracker in late 2019 / upcoming 2020?

I was thinking of probably starting a pet project to both learn mobile development and pester my nostalgic feelings for tracker music, but I am totally not sure if there would be at least some interest.

Saga Musix:
Merry Christmas to you too :)
Well, the question comes up every now and then, although not very frequently. I would estimate that within the "niche market" that are trackers you would be serving an even smaller niche market. As I explained above, I just don't believe that the things that make a tracker great translate well into the world of tablets in particular if a real keyboard is lacking. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but so far noone managed to do that. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version