Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bored  (Read 3930 times)

ASIKWUSpulse

• Trying not to explore too much in composing...
    • View Profile
Bored
« on: October 06, 2018, 14:10:38 »

I know that a musician forcing himself to create music never is a good idea, music must come naturally. But I don't know what has happened to me.

I can still create music, but the segments (like the bridge, chorus and verses etc.) just wont work together. At the same time, I feel that not much personality is put into the music, like it were a month ago.

I think most of this is due to much things going on in my private-life, but also that I find it hard to variate my music; which leads to me not having any fun creating music.

Somebody who know what to do when there isn't any flow and driving to create music?
What can I do to have fun?

EDIT:
Where is all the tracker activity nowadays?

All the best, ASIKWUSpulse
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 14:25:15 by ASIKWUSpulse »
Samples can be anything recorded: Instruments, furniture and even junk! ;)

ASIKWUSpulse

• View Profile
Re: Bored
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 20:53:06 »

Very funny :)... The inspiration came back, and I have completed a module I'm happy with. Not going to upload it here though yet, cuz I've plans for a debut EP, where this is going to be one of the new ones.

But I'm still interested in finding activities involving tracking, so still hoping for someone to have the answer...

All the best, ASIKWUSpulse

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 23:28:28 »

It happens. Sometimes it goes away quickly, sometimes it takes a long time. For me personally, trying out new synthesizers can help unblocking me in such a situation because many of my ideas evolve around specific sounds. Get some hardware if you don't have it already and start jamming.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

ASIKWUSpulse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 17:28:40 »

Hardware is no problem. I've got a Roland SC-88vl, a Yamaha QR-10 and a Casio ctk-6250. They all have some great sounds, I've remembered having a lot of fun with the QR-10, since it's a music-accompaniment player with many different chord-varities.

Guess then I need to do what I sometimes do already. Sometimes playing around in Cubase has made me come up with ideas to new songs.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up