Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why end up was not of sufficient quality of my module?  (Read 202 times)

Yomaru_Kasuga

• Needs more Pie
  • Singer-Songwriter, Idol
    • View Profile
    • Yomarumon Dreams Facebook Page
Why end up was not of sufficient quality of my module?
« on: November 11, 2018, 01:42:19 »

I really have a problems for this. Last friday night, I making a Filipino song is about "Ako'y Isang Pinoy" (meaning from Tagalog is "I am a Filipino", original song by: Florante). in Amiga Protracker Module, using an OpenMPT as well. I was imported two ST-01 samples such as "RingPiano" (used for the notes as a waltz style ) and "Shamus" (used for the melodies on the first channel). Then started to tracked the notes, and copying the notes from hearing an online videos or music). Then I was finished in a couple of minutes, then upload it (yk_-_akoyisangpinoy.mod) to TMA. But this time, I realize that it seems to end up on rejected module because it was failed? What am I going to do?
Yomaru Kasuga (Born name: Yohann Martin Abillada-Navarro) is a Filipino manchild singer and songwriter, and tracker artist (former Modarchive Website).
He is now a member from Yomarumon Dreams, since 2015.

WouterVL

• Devouring the Pies
    • View Profile
Re: Why end up was not of sufficient quality of my module?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 15:27:01 »

Your module literally uses only two samples, and they're not even high quality ones. And the module shows no technical skill whatsoever, there's no effects except for a few Dxx ones, it's just notes and nothing else. Sure, you can say that you copied the melodies by ear in your tracker, but this module is so basic and shows so little use of the tracker you made it in that i can't do anything but assume you just copied the notes from somewhere else and changed the samples.

In short, one of the screeners suspected your module is a MIDI conversion, and i agreed on that and rejected it from the archive. And even in the case that it's not a MIDI conversion, it's generally just a very effortless module. If you're only going to spend "a couple of minutes" on a module and the end result is as basic and outdated as this, it won't be added to the archive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up