Website > Help Support Topics Archive

Questions about filing a .xm in another format.

(1/1)

Psirius:
Hello, people! I have a doubt: I have one .xm in process at the moment (there will be more surely), has more than 80 channels. In OpenMPT goes well, as you know, but I do not know the exact compatibility with other tracker. What would be good or acceptable, once finished, to transform it to .it? I say that, because insurance has more options for listening and I have tested their support and it works well. I could serve for future works with so many channels. I don't know. If not, nothing happens. I leave it as is. Thank you! 8)

Axxy:
I wouldn't say compatible with another tracker, more a re-player for listening purposes tbh. 

I don't tend to listen to modules outside of whatever player I'm using, be it ModPlug Player or XMPlay.  As support seems to have stopped for XMPlay, I tend to listen to OpenMPT modules in the tracker itself, as I don't think either player plays 32+ channel xm's that well.

Unless someone comes out with a new module player I'd listen to it in OpenMPT, but .it would be nice just for the backward compatibility and being able to add it to the playlist in a player.

But seeing as you write great modules, I'd listen to them in whatever format makes playback easiest, except mp3 or ogg (oldskool listener)..   ;)

Saga Musix:
Note that neither IT nor XM officially support 80 channels, although you can probably reduce the number of channels by using NNAs in the IT format. IT is limited to 64 channels. MilkyTracker recently increased the number of supported channels in XM as well, so there is at least one other XM tracker that would be able to handle the file but strictly speaking it's not a very compatible XM file.
If you really need that many channels, I recommend using the MPTM format - while it is OpenMPT-specific, it can still be played with the online player and any other player that uses libopenmpt. There are libopenmpt-based plugins for Foobar2k, XMPlay and Winamp, plus many other players.

Psirius:
I thank you! Then, if I understood well, better in .mptm. I will always pass that of the 32 channels, so they have somewhat more output to the listener. I tried in applications xm. mobile and most function poorly. I don't know if I was doing something wrong. Well for the tips. Thank you again!!!! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version