Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Large archive of mods and a few samples  (Read 2557 times)

Sparlock

• New User
    • View Profile
Large archive of mods and a few samples
« on: January 14, 2023, 01:53:25 »

Hi,

I have a large archive (3000+ files) from 'back in the day'. It all came from an EduSys/Bestware CD, this was collected late 1990s called SoundMania 2 with the promise to make your own House & Techno music, but it was really a few hundred samples and a boatload of complete dsm, mod, mtm, s3m and xm together with ScreamTracker 3, including the "official information on s3m format" and a utility called conv.exe which apparently can convert between many formats.

I reached out to a few of the artists but it's a lot of data. All of the ones responded were surprised to find their old stuff and gave permissions to upload. However, I gave up after about a dozen or so people.

I'm trying to see if I should just upload as-is, or if there is a way to extract information (all mods have the unaltered metadata) and embed it in the filenames before compressing and uploading. Currently all the files are in 8.3 naming format. Many tracks have full title information, credits etc

« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 02:13:59 by Sparlock »

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Large archive of mods and a few samples
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 11:53:19 »

Can't you just zip or rar the CD as is, with the folder structure intact and then post a link to the archive on some file sharing site?

Probably, most of the modules will already be known and archived elsewhere I should imagine, and at least the CD structure would be intact for anyone who wants the archive that way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up