Music Production > MilkyTracker Support

Help with Sequencing Patterns separately in .XM

(1/1)

Void32:
Edit: answered

I have been using Trackers for about a year now on Delfemask, but I am very new to MilkyTracker and the .xm format.
I am looking for a way to change my melody in the next sequence but not the other parts.
Anything helps, thank you for reading this far : )

m0d:
I am not a MT user but came from AHX which has similar to Deflemask where you can reuse columns across the patterns, and can see where you may be going wrong.

Each pattern is a set of columns that are fixed together. You cannot splice or change the individual columns to reuse columns between patterns, so you have to copy the entire pattern to a new one and make your new melody there. It is less efficient for sure but this follows the MOD standard more than SID which I think you are tripping over.

Hope this helps.

Void32:

--- Quote from: m0d on January 14, 2024, 04:22:17 ---I am not a MT user but came from AHX which has similar to Deflemask where you can reuse columns across the patterns, and can see where you may be going wrong.

Each pattern is a set of columns that are fixed together. You cannot splice or change the individual columns to reuse columns between patterns, so you have to copy the entire pattern to a new one and make your new melody there

--- End quote ---
oh I get it, thanks for explaining that for me! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version