Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an old s3m file with several songs from a DOS game.  (Read 137 times)

trilex and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

trilex

• New User
    • View Profile

I don't remember the game, it might have been a shooter. I think it was a Dos game, in whose directories I found an s3m file that contained several songs. There was also a play.exe or player.exe with which I could play the file. That was the first tracker file I ever came into contact with. A short time later I found the Cubic Player and other music files. I'm not sure about the date, it could be 1995+X. Maybe someone remembers it. Thanks for any tips!

Best regards
Alex

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an old s3m file with several songs from a DOS game.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 11:58:38 »

Not the Unreal games, Deus Ex or Age of Empires?

Unreal games had .umx wrapper but effectively were .s3m or .it tracker files.

Siren, Michel Van Den Bos, Necros, Basehead among the tracker artists...

trilex

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an old s3m file with several songs from a DOS game.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 15:50:15 »

I'm afraid not. If I remember correctly, I wasn't that enthusiastic about the game. I listened to the s3m file more than I played the game. I played AoE2 a lot and Unreal somehow doesn't fit into my memory either. Thanks for the thoughts though!

RedDragon

• New User
    • View Profile

Judging by the description I think you are talking about In Pursuit of Greed / Assassinators:

- Is a shooter (FPS)
- Is from 1995/1996
- has multi-track S3M tunes in game directory

I don't recall any included players though... Maybe was featured in a different release than the one I have?

trilex

• New User
    • View Profile

Damn, that definitely sounds very familiar. I have to say that after almost 30 years, I don't trust my memory 100% either ;-) . There are several s3m files in different versions and even if the Play.exe is missing, it could fit. I once suspected a game called Creed, but it didn't fit at all. It could have been Pursuit of Greed. I bought it at the time and only had problems with the game; fortunately the s3m files were still available. Many thanks for thinking along!
Best regards
Alex

PS: If anyone remembers the Play.exe or other suitable games, please let me know here.

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile

I've not heard of the game myself, but, take a look over at Mirsoft (http://www.mirsoft.info/gamemods-archive.php).

Under Game Mod rips, just type "greed" and Pursuit of Greed is the only return. It has a number of mod/s3m' all by Necros... Not sure if that's what your looking for?

Tbh, I'm really surprised the site still exists, it's been there for years....
Pages: [1]   Go Up