Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teh m0d filez  (Read 13769 times)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Teh m0d filez
« on: May 11, 2007, 12:38:14 »

Well. um...

If you can play AHX files, some comments & ratings posted on my AHX songs would be appreciated. :)

If you can't play AHX files (you can with XMplay and a plugin ed. link fixed) then I have proper recordings of them from my Amiga here

The songs on the archive: here

If you want I am happy to swap comments (on the site, not the forums) :)
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Teh m0d filez
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 14:34:01 »

Wow, look at the rush of people! and here I am working my arse off for everyone....

:cry:  :wink:

:hrrhrr:
💬 Modarchive Discord

Ceekayed

• TMA Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • Ceekayed on Soundcloud
Teh m0d filez
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 20:22:06 »

Well, you know what I think of your AHX's. Cute and awesome. :)

mrvegas

• New User
    • View Profile
Teh m0d filez
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 11:06:52 »

I'm listening now.  I couldn't get the XM Play plug-in download (the link didn't work right), so I'm listening from your site.

Anyway, very cool.  You obviously have a solid grounding on the music theory front and make great use of the old-time tracker effects.  (Not that I'd really understand the Amiga music stuff -- I'm old enough to remember Amigas and TRS-80s etc. when they first came out, but only a recent tracker.)

This is fun stuff to listen to, and I particularly enjoy it when people focus on writing the music first and then using technology second -- if that makes sense.  Hopefully, you'll get more feedback.  One of the problems with the internet is that everyone wants to be listened to, and few want to be listeners.  I'm new to the Modarchive forums, but on other forums I try to post comments on music I like, and I'll try to do that here.  It's frankly just hard to keep up with all the new stuff sometimes.

I certainly do appreciate your work on Modarchive, and I've gotten my share of stuff from Waveworld.  I left my torrent open for a while for the Waveworld downloads -- hopefully it was long enough to avoid being one of those evil "leechers."

OK, I just heard "Pie Pierced Ears" -- that's awesome!  Right up my alley.

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Teh m0d filez
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 11:37:59 »

Quote from: "mrvegas"
I'm listening now.  I couldn't get the XM Play plug-in download (the link didn't work right), so I'm listening from your site.

Anyway, very cool.  You obviously have a solid grounding on the music theory front and make great use of the old-time tracker effects.  (Not that I'd really understand the Amiga music stuff -- I'm old enough to remember Amigas and TRS-80s etc. when they first came out, but only a recent tracker.)

This is fun stuff to listen to, and I particularly enjoy it when people focus on writing the music first and then using technology second -- if that makes sense.  Hopefully, you'll get more feedback.  One of the problems with the internet is that everyone wants to be listened to, and few want to be listeners.  I'm new to the Modarchive forums, but on other forums I try to post comments on music I like, and I'll try to do that here.  It's frankly just hard to keep up with all the new stuff sometimes.

I certainly do appreciate your work on Modarchive, and I've gotten my share of stuff from Waveworld.  I left my torrent open for a while for the Waveworld downloads -- hopefully it was long enough to avoid being one of those evil "leechers."

OK, I just heard "Pie Pierced Ears" -- that's awesome!  Right up my alley.

I fixed the link. Seems they don't like deep linking to the downloads, oh well. Its the AHX/Hivelytracker one you want. Thanks for having a listen, perhaps also write your comments on them on the archive itself if you feel like it and have the time :)
💬 Modarchive Discord

mrvegas

• New User
    • View Profile
Teh m0d filez
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 18:54:17 »

Comment posted -- 9/10 rating.  I got the xmplay plugin (from the xmplay website) and put all of the ahx files on a playlist.  These are really good -- I mean it.  A great example of what I understand to be the "chiptune" model.

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Teh m0d filez
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 14:29:54 »

Got a new AHX release quickie up on my page :)

Here - Digital Retribution
💬 Modarchive Discord

mrvegas

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 19:06:38 »

Pretty cool stuff.  I've got all all of the ahx files on my machine now.  Amiga tracking seems like a very specific art form, and you've really got it down.

I'd write a review, but I can't seem to get into my artist account.  I'll check to see if I have my password right when I get home.

m0d

• Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 19:45:23 »

I just released a new one, StarZest, but it's currently syncing to mirrors so it'll be up in a couple of hours. It got featured too :D (Yeah, and not by me before anyone accuses! haha)
💬 Modarchive Discord

mrvegas

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 17:52:38 »

Just posted a comment on the new one.  Your amiga (or amiga-emulated?) tunes are really nice miniatures.  People don't really compose much like this anymore.  A lot of attention to detail in a short space of time.

Anyway, I got a chance to actually do some modarchive-listening today and posted a few comments.  Then I just saw that I can do reviews now, too.  Oh well, I'll get to that next time around.  It's sort of hit and miss, but I like to at least let people know their material is being heard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up