Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: can someone do mod player for my pocket?  (Read 33568 times)

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: can someone do mod player for my pocket?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 16:29:48 »

I normally copy only the music I wish to listen to onto my MP3 player, not my entire collection - so 1gig of MP3s is ample listening material.  Also, the quality of the conversions done on a PC can be of much higher quality (one of the players I have emulates the hardware of the Amiga and uses the original playback code to playback mods and other more exotic Amiga formats).

and converting all my mods to mp3 would take faaaaar to much time

Well.. It's possible to convert my entire collection using one command line, taking all of 30 seconds to write ;)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 18:19:40 »

I normally copy only the music I wish to listen to onto my MP3 player, not my entire collection - so 1gig of MP3s is ample listening material.  Also, the quality of the conversions done on a PC can be of much higher quality (one of the players I have emulates the hardware of the Amiga and uses the original playback code to playback mods and other more exotic Amiga formats).

and converting all my mods to mp3 would take faaaaar to much time

Well.. It's possible to convert my entire collection using one command line, taking all of 30 seconds to write ;)

Please do share that info. Very useful to know :)
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 19:13:58 »

of course, the command line works, but i think i would have to write a parser for my M3U first (which is really easy btw) and it would still take much time to convert the mods into wavs and then into mp3s, even if done automatically... and it would also not the best solution coz i remove silence normally in the wav editor..
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 20:41:33 »

I was about to write a command line for this, but then I remembered that Winamp has a disk writer plugin (maybe XMPlay does too) which will convert a playlist into a bunch of WAV files, which you can then use 'lame *.wav' to convert to MP3..

On Linux using Audacious, it takes 2-3 seconds for each file to be converted, then about 5-10 seconds per file to convert to MP3 (all of which can be done in the background).

Regarding the silence at the end of the tracks (not that I've noticed this when using Audacious for playback), I've just done a quick google and found plenty tools that do this automatically.  You could combine this with the MP3 encoding step.

So.. cheap pocket-sized MP3 player plus a little work and you can listen to mods on the move.  The alternative is to buy something bigger and more expensive (and battery hungry), and fiddle around getting a mod/xm/it/s3m/sid/whatever player to work - which won't sound as good as converting them on the PC.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 21:02:09 »

well, i can't do that with winamp, as i disabled the standard mod plugin (it's just pure sh*t) and use the BASS Plugin (xmplay playback!). Unfortunately, this plugin does not use the winamp playback buffer...
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

ogge

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 01:45:57 »

can someone do me a mod player for my pocket? i am tired to listen only mp3¨s with my pocket player. i like to have listen mods and others with it! can anyone do me a elecktronik pocket player for mod-music ? thanks.
btw: who invent it, can make lots of money!

It's a bit hard to make out but I'm pretty sure he does in fact not have an mp3 player/PDA, but rather he wants you guys to construct one for him.

Note this part:
btw: who invent it, can make lots of money!

Yes, tracker modules is such an expansive market, you could probably earn more there than supporting a band of guerrillas with guns and ammo!

Shit guys, what are you waiting for ~_=
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:47:58 by ogge »

license

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 07:18:20 »

If you have a Nintendo DS, you can get cards for running homebrew. Moon Shell and DSOrganize will both play XM files, though there's a memory limit of around 3 meg.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:49 »

If you have a Nintendo DS, you can get cards for running homebrew. Moon Shell and DSOrganize will both play XM files, though there's a memory limit of around 3 meg.

I'd recommend a PSP, it has got much more CPU power and it has got the best module player ever ;)

dr_mabuse

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 22:08:35 »

sadly, most homebrew didnt run on a psp slim with 3.71-M33 firmware -.-

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2008, 21:43:24 »

Get an iPod touch/iPhone, Jailbreak it and compile some mod player for it. Makes up a really nice portable mod playing device.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up