Community > Software Showcase

Module Libarary - sort your modules and much more...

(1/3) > >>

Saga Musix:
So you lost this module on your hard disk, huh? and you know it was by necros, 500-600 kb in size and approximately 3 minutes long? damnit, you won't it anymore, right? stop, help arrived!

Mod Library for Windows is maybe the tool you need. you can add files to its super-fast database manually or you can scan whole directories (including sub-directories) and drives for modules! This programm supports IT, MO3, MOD, MTM, S3M, UMX and XM files. It can even play them with the built-in player that uses bass.dll! So your whole drive content (only the modules, that is) is in the database, and now? you can perform a flexible search usign a search term that can be performed on file name, title, sample / instrument texts, commants and Personal Notes. you can also search for particular file sizes, file dates and song lengths! great, isn't it?

This small tool has got even more features, you can f.e. do a HTML export of your database, you can maintain it by removing modules that no longer exist on your drives. there are still some more features, but they're so much, i can't list them all here.
And the best thing: This program is of course freeware! And even better: It's multilingual! Currently, there are only English and German translations, but you can translate to your native language if you want to and send the translated INI files to me!

Download Mod Library!

Saga Musix:
Mod Library 1.1 is out, here's the changelog:

* Added the ability to update the program
* Added manual
* Added configuration dialog for new features
* Search terms may now also be one character long
* Database will now also be shown if there are no custom programs in the "open with" list
* The database may now not only be viewed as a report but also as icons or a simple list. Furthermore, the default action when double-clicking on any file may now be set: Show information, open file, play, show information and play.
* Updating the database view won't result in jitter anymore
* Language box now has country flags
* The database may now also be stored as a M3U or PLS playlist file
* When hitting the "Play module" button a second time, it will stop the module.
* When right-clicking on a checkbox in the "Search in" frame, all other checkboxes will be disabled. Using the middle mouse button will check all boxes except the clicked one.
* Auto complete may now be turned off.
* If a file does not exist anymore but is still in the database, you will be asked if it should be removed.
* Fixed a HTML entities bug in HTML report and removed hash column.
* Fixed several small issues

pailes:
I use spotlight on the mac to find modules. Pretty convenient. You just need to write a little plugin which extracts metadata from modules and spotlight takes care of the rest.

Krstfr:
Would this work on the new additions? Or is this outdated?

Saga Musix:
Not sure what you mean, but yes, the software is extremely outdated and I have plans for making it much better, but I first have to find the time for rewriting it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version