Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: will milky run on gp2x f200?  (Read 28877 times)

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: will milky run on gp2x f200?
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2007, 23:09:05 »

Regarding the hanging on exit, that is due to a fault in your script file.  Milkytracker should be named 'milkytracker' and the script file 'milkytracker.gpu' I think.

I don't think there is anything that we can do to fix the problems you are experiencing with the touchscreen.  Milkytracker's input is handled by the SDL libraries, therefore any problems are due to SDL not interpreting the touchscreen correctly.  I asked around a few times in #gp2xdev but couldn't find anyone had an f200 and was willing to help, perhaps you might get better luck on their forums.  Are there any other SDL apps on the g2px that you could try?

unloopy

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 10:27:13 »

I tried naming the script .gpu (also .gpe) and the other file milkytracker.
My gp2x just doesnt find a file it can execute in that case. I tried a script someone posted to the file archive also in case id got it wrong but that didnt work either. Perhaps this is due to the f200 having different firmware. Only renameing the main file milkytracker.gpe seems to work.

Is there a mouse arrow in the windows mobile version? my memory is hazy.

Ill give their forums a go and see if i can send anyone who knows their gp2x stuff your way.
Id be happy to test anything out too.

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 11:30:29 »

No, there is no mouse arrow in the windows mobile version. The mouse arrow is drawn to enable navigation via the d-pad, although I imagine it could be annoying when using the touch-screen.

kelp7

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 00:49:01 »

Is anyone running (or does anyone know of someone running) milky on a gp2x f200?

Would just like to add that I got a GP2X F200 for xmas and got milkytracker to work immediately with no probs.... and i'm a n00b...

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 22:11:19 »

Does the touch screen work?

unloopy

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 01:33:28 »

If you touch anywhere on the pattern it brings a menu (mute chan etc) up rather than moving the cursor to that point. The mouse arrow move close to where you touch. If you touch one of the buttons on the lower half or on other screens the gui works and depresses the button but it doesnt have any effect. When you push the a button there is also no effect .. if you use the joypad again the arrow moves from where it was before you used the touch screen and a only works when you get back to the button in that way.
I think that covers it. Ive struggled to explain it correctly so sorry if the above makes no sense.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 08:44:28 »

If it brings up a context menu it basically means the tap is recognized as right mouse button click instead of a left click.

unloopy

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 16:25:26 »

Interesting. So if this could be reversed (perhaps in the gp2x itself..ill ask on their forums and report back) and if the mouse arrow could be ditched or turned on and off in options the f200 should feel the same as the win mobile version? :)

Have you heard about their soon to be out pandora machine?

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 17:06:12 »

You need to understand that it is the underlying SDL implementation which needs to support the stylus tap and report it as a mouse button click. SDL is a system library that comes shipped with your GP2X. MilkyTracker relies on that library, so you should ask around if SDL on the GP2X correctly supports the stylus as an input device, if there are known problems and maybe have a look if games using the SDL have same similiar problems.

One more thought:
It can't be much of a problem to fix SDL to support the touch screen correctly if that's the problem at all. It can only mean a few lines of code and/or some tweaks, maybe, instead of asking around at a forum full of regular users you should find some developers willing to look at your problem. I bet it's just a matter of a few minutes.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 11:07:55 by pailes »

unloopy

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 14:04:13 »

Ill give that a go. Seems so tantalisingly close and id really like it running.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up