Community > Project / Coder's Corner

[Discussion] New module format - openModplug

(1/10) > >>

Saga Musix:
Hi, finally, there's a new module format coming with OpenModplug. it's called MPTM (that's also the extension) and will be supported in OpenMPT 1.17.03.00 (it's still alpha).
So my question is, can you support the MPTM format in the near future? afaik it's still an IT-style format (maybe even the same, but with a few changes like the new tuning of the insturments)...

Another request:
VST plugins get popular these days, and even I use them now :) I know that it is too hard, maybe even impossible to upload them all at one place, but wouldn't it be a cool idea to SCAN the uploaded modules for used plugins? The needed plugins could be displayed at the song info page then and someone could also compile a list with the download sources to the freeware plugins...

-jojo

edit: don't rush, the file format is not really public yet ;)

Koli:
I think it's too early to put support in at the moment as we'll have to wait for more players to support the format.

Saga Musix:
but modplug is a very well known tracker, many people are using it, and when then new version is public (which may take a while), many people will use the new format for sure, i tell ya :)

Eagle:
Don't be so sure, Jojo. Sure, a new format is great, but that does not mean people will abandon the olde format. I'm sure I will stick to the older formats as I am a backward kind of person.

Well, once that new format is developed enough for an all-go, you could post about it here later.

Koli:

--- Quote from: "Jojo" ---but modplug is a very well known tracker, many people are using it, and when then new version is public (which may take a while), many people will use the new format for sure, i tell ya :)
--- End quote ---

Yes but that's a tracker, not a player ;)

I'd want to wait till XMPlay supported the file format before adding support into TMA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version