Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .mod with Milkytracker: Sample-Question  (Read 15669 times)

chromag

• New User
    • View Profile
    • http://rebels.team.pro
.mod with Milkytracker: Sample-Question
« on: January 16, 2008, 13:47:59 »

Is there an option in MT with which I can convert (up-/downsample) instruments, so that I can save the track as .mod? Remember, the relative note (c4) mustn't be changed.
This is especially for high quality instruments that start to sound good from c6 on, but that can't be played within the .mod frame.

Any help? There was an option like that in Protracker, I remember that :)
(ex-) member of: Ecstasy, Exult, Proton Ltd., End of Century 1999, Royal Amiga Force, Addonic, Platin, Cult, Dual Crew, Essence, Dual Crew-Shining, Polka Brothers, Acme, Crux, Haujobb, Lego, Rebels, Talent, Mad Wizards, TRSI, Fairlight

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: .mod with Milkytracker: Sample-Question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 14:03:37 »

Right click with the mouse in the sample editor brings up a context menu which contains a resampler option. Note that the resampler will adjust the finetune and the relative note of the sample accordingly. So all you need to do is, invoke the resampler dialog and enter 0 as relative note and 0 as finetune and it will automatically become a protracker compatible sample.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 14:09:49 »

Ok seems like pailes beat me to it but here's another angle:

It does exist in MilkyTracker as well, just go right-clicky on your sample view and select Advanced > Resample...

The opening dialog displays the current calculated relative note and other values. To downsample a sample by one octave for example you have to subtract 12 from the current relative note value. After this Milky readjusts the relative note (in instrument settings) to make the change as transparent as possible, so for .MODs, you want to go and set it back to C-4.

chromag

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 14:21:50 »

Yeeha! You guys rule!  :-*
(ex-) member of: Ecstasy, Exult, Proton Ltd., End of Century 1999, Royal Amiga Force, Addonic, Platin, Cult, Dual Crew, Essence, Dual Crew-Shining, Polka Brothers, Acme, Crux, Haujobb, Lego, Rebels, Talent, Mad Wizards, TRSI, Fairlight

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 17:37:18 »

Welcome to the forum btw ;)

chromag

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 10:41:06 »

Hey Pailes, thanks!

Though I must admit that I'm registered for quite some time now... Only I have just started to track 4ch mods again...

Greets, Chromag

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 13:29:50 »

Nice to hear that MilkyTracker is your weapon of choice :)

chromag

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 18:00:52 »

Ah yes, of course... The Fasttracker-style is unbeaten. I've finished a demotrack and a chiptune which I will post here later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up