Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce yourself - Woolters  (Read 4524 times)

woolters

• View Profile
Introduce yourself - Woolters
« on: September 09, 2006, 02:58:57 »

Behold, thou shalt remember the name Woolters and, by doing so, exalt him as the only true institution in this here very world and beyond. Thus the name thou shalt recall, shall be Woolters. And Woolters it shall be, it being Woolters.

- the Holy Ancient Tracking Scrolls, Chapter 1, verse 1

Obviously, it is not my real name, but a title given to none but the most reverend and his kin. My real name is Martin. The fact that the last two sentences rhymed at the end was not a matter of coincidence 8-) ...

anyway...

I'm from the East of the Netherlands (it's true, the wise came from the East :P ) and pretty proud of my heritage. Or what's left of it.
I started tracking when I was about 12 years old, with an old version of FT2. Since I didn't speak a single word of English at that time, I had to figure out the programme completely by myself. I gathered some samples and that was the base for the long quest for new sounds that lasted for a couple of years...

Then I started looking for newer versions of FT2 and coincidentally came across Modplug Tracker. I used that one to develop my tracking skills even further. By that time my command of English had increased a lot (I turned out to be a language freak) and discovered Traxinspace.

After I uploaded a few of my songs there ( via telephone line back then!) TiS died...

I got hold of a programme called FruityLoops. That was the Great Intermission in my tracking history. Don't think that I forgot about it: I never threw my mods away and still have some of my earliest songs. :)  I listened to them occasionally, but the emphasis was on Fruityloops.

When I had to feature a song in a Drama-project at my study to become a teacher of English, I wanted to do a dixieland jazz song (yes, both the dixie1.xm and dixie2.xm are mine) , but I had little time left, so I started tracking it, since it worked quicker than doing it in Fruityloops.

I rediscovered tracking as a very pleasing hobby. I started looking for mods on the internet and found the Modarchive. This dramatical turn in the history of tracking is described in the Holy Ancient Tracking Scrolls under the title the Woolters Revival.
------------------------------------------------------------

My musical preferences are mainly Reggae and Ska. I experiment a lot with different styles; there are over 20 trance songs in my personal archive, together with some Ambient, Jazz(bigband and Dixieland), Drum&bass/Jungle, rock, blues, soul and funk. I even tried to do salsa, but that's not as simple as it sounds.

I'm a drummer and I play snare-drum in a marching band and in a partyband. I taught myself to play the guitar.
Due to my study I have become an Ireland fan. I have a Tin Whistle and a lovely Irish accent whenever I try to produce some frantic English sounds.

That's it for now... baa baa!

Slainte!

woolters

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 03:06:25 »

ahh, I nearly forgot. You can find my songs here:

http://www.modarchive.org/artists/woolters/

this is a picture of the reverend master himself:

[

Eagle

• Rising Star
  • Technique Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Eagle's pulsonal website.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:36:55 »

You earn points for your overconfident, pompous style. And your picture looks divine... :bow:
Collecting trackers and sequencers since 2006!
Pages: [1]   Go Up