Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduce yourself - neptho  (Read 4106 times)

neptho

• New User
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself - neptho
« on: September 11, 2007, 23:00:11 »

Greetings, everybody.

I'm 'neptho', which has not, and will never mean anything - despite being second guessed many, many times about it.  I was trying to find a handle better than my 'old' one, and it just came to being.

I've written very few (read: awful) songs over the years - mostly '93 to '94, as well as remixed quite a few existing modules for my own listening pleasure later.

The only one that anybody might recognize was a remix of Dr Awesome's "12th warrior" (my best friend had been playing this for 5 months, straight), where I resampled the lead as myself belching, and used very bad arpeggio effects to make it even more disturbing; however, I never distributed this, and my friend only sent it to a few local BBS, so I'm fairly certain I got away with this - until now.

I've also written code thanks to the scene, learned x86 assembly, not to mention burning out a monitor thanks to X-Mode (A different video mode used by Tran, which made it pretty easy to fake coppers).

I've generally been on the outskirts of the scene, having never been directly tied anywhere, and only one really awful production to my name; mostly written in x86 assembly and MODOBJ - only knowing a few friends who were "deeply" into it by proxy.

I hadn't thought about the scene for years until WhiteShadow.. when I was drawn back to attempt to contact people we both knew, and is how I (briefly) chatted with Mr. Watson of ModArchive, who's quite the nice guy.  :)

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: Introduce yourself - neptho
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 10:54:19 »

Welcome neptho

I noticed nobody's welcomed you yet, which is sad :(

Rob Watson has not been actively involved with The Mod Archive for a considerable number of years now though, although we do occasionally keep in touch (he is still providing a small mirror server, although only for a couple of file formats for us).

See you around :)
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord
Pages: [1]   Go Up