Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ft2-style shift-tabbing  (Read 4521 times)

miarf

• New User
    • View Profile
ft2-style shift-tabbing
« on: March 09, 2008, 23:32:28 »

milkytracker is otherwise stunningly good, but unfortunately even with the new "tab to note" -option, tracking isn't as fast as it was with ft2. here's the thing:

let's say you're on track 3, and you're inserting values to the effect column. now, if you pressed shift-tab in ft2, it would return the cursor to the note column of track 3. however, in milkytracker, it returns you to the note column of track 2! which means extra keypresses. disabling tab-to-note doesn't help, as then shift-tabbing will return you to the effect column of track 2, which means extra keypresses once again (as opposed to the original ft2 behaviour)

having to press more keys doesn't sound like a large problem, but when you have to do that a gazillion times, it really slows you down, and for me, renders the program nearly unusable :( this was noted in the old forums, and the problem was claimed to have been fixed, but it hasn't.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: ft2-style shift-tabbing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 20:01:21 »

Like I said on IRC, this has gone unnoticed and I suspect the issue on the old forum was a case of misunderstanding. (It's interesting that none of the core team members have found this although there are several of us FT2 veterans in the mix.) But I'm with you, as it stands, I feel that this behavior in tab-to-note mode should be fixed.

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: ft2-style shift-tabbing
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 20:25:36 »

Aye, aye!
Pages: [1]   Go Up