Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rejected songs  (Read 8241 times)

bad banana

• New User
    • View Profile
rejected songs
« on: March 11, 2008, 14:57:28 »

i'm new here, and have been trying to upload songs, but most of them are being rejected. i am certain that many, if not all of the songs i submitted are in agreement with the screening policy. they are being rejected because they are "not of sufficient quality." i must say i disagree with many of those rejections, as i think some of the files are more pleasant and/or interesting than some of the songs that actually somehow made it through. for example: i think the quality of the recently rejected "velocity.it" is far superior to the song on my profile which is titled "yankee_g.s3m."

i have many theories on why this is happening, but am ultimately confused and upset! i feel as though i'm missing something. is this some kind of practical joke? ha ha!

i have submitted over 40 songs in the past few days. the reason for this is that i've been tracking for over 10 years, but have never shared any of them with the outside world because i don't handle criticism well! i apologize if i submitted too many songs in such a short time, but maybe that's why so many were rejected!

i eagerly await a response!

all the best,
bad banana

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: rejected songs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 15:19:59 »

Hello

We, that is, the screening crew, took considerable times to go through all of your modules. If you had checked on the pending queue you would have seen many of your modules flagged as "Waiting 2nd opinion". This meant that we had several listens of your music and each and every one of the screening crew were in agreement with the actions to take upon your uploads.

If they were rejected, they were rejected due to quality reasons mentioned. Obviously, as per your post you are in disagreement, but that is not an objective approach to take. If you can't handle criticism then uploading your private material into the public world is not your best move.

The screeners stand by their choices, if that offends you we are sorry  it was not intended. However please understand we have many many years of experience under our belts and it is at our quality control discretion whether stuff makes it in or not. It is nothing personal.
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

bad banana

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 15:37:53 »

thanks, i guess!

fortytwo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 20:56:33 »

Just out of curiosity, what exactly determines if a module gets rejected? What makes it not of sufficient quality?

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 22:08:48 »

Generally, rejections are outlined in the screening policy. The quality issue is something we hold as a discretionary. We let stuff in that we believe is good enough to warrant redistribution using the services I provide. I do not want , and will not get into specifics on a case by case basis.

👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord
Pages: [1]   Go Up