Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another song stolen, this time Dj Dean  (Read 15855 times)

necro2607

• New User
    • View Profile
    • Matecha.net
Re: Another song stolen, this time Dj Dean
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 20:56:44 »

As I just said over on TiS after reading m0d's post there, the bassline in question has been used over and over again on various dance tracks throughout the years, and it's likely it'll get used again. It's a very simple bassline, and hell, I think I've even come up with it myself in the past. Purely co-oincidence... As for the panpipe, how many of us HAVEN'T used it in the past?

So yep, I'm perched firmly on the fence.

Well, that's not all that's strikingly similar, man.  The higher lead synth that fades in at around 0:17 in DJ Dean's version is a pretty clear derivative of the lead in the original song (non-remixed one), which you can find starting at about 1:31 in the original song..   It's the same notes, just with a slightly different pace to it.  It's pretty unmistakable as being the same tune, in my opinion.

Sleipner

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 04:12:54 »

At the moment I'm finalizing my demo with Soundforge. But I will record it tomorrow with my cam. Either way...

What I have found out so far is that the songs structure is obviously based on my song as an template. What has been done is what I believe is just changing a few tones to make it sound different on certain parts. So this is not a rip not even close to Timberlake. But, I still want to prove that my song has been the influence for Dj Deans Kick Off. And of course this is nothing you can do anything about I guess. But I will go wild with my Virus tomorrow and remake his melody, to get a hunch of what has changed and show it. Just to make clear of what parts that was taken.

I read about the bassline in the traxxinspace and I agree, alot of songs have most the same cliché pattern , but that wasn't my point. The point was that You take certain parts of the song, change some tones, add some stuff take some more change it a bit and there you go. If a song sound similiar to another one, it doesn't has to mean that it has been stolen. you just get reminded of something. But.... if that song has alot of part that is almost the same as my song ... then you start to wounder.

It is often you can hear songs on radio and you says hey I'v heard this before.
usually when a song happend to sound like another one the song still has it OWN sound.
But I can't say Kick Off has its OWN sound. To me it sound like hey I need a song I take this one and change some stuff and spit it out.

In this case we have a solid clue . if it wasn't for the Panflute, I shouldn't recognize this at the first place.

I mean how many people get the idea of to use same bass, same tiny melody at the same place in the song with the same INSTRUMENT "with the playorder changed but it is playing One octave pitched down but you can still hear it's the panflute used."

"The play uses the same keys but in different order on a keyboard and different otcave. Will be showed aswell"

and the melody from the original song chopped up with a different instrument.

There is to MUCH things that is look alike and I will show it.

That was my 2 cents =)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:21:22 by Sleipner »

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 12:38:07 »

If you want your video to look a bit more professional, consider using a screen capture program (ZD Soft Screen Recorder is quite nice and it just shows a tiny little watermark in the top right corner if you don't register) instead of a camera ;)
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Nygen Dale

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 12:38:35 »

Since it's a pretty standard bassline I don't find the "ripoff" that dramatic but what I did see was a slight similarity to the hymn of the HSV (German football club) http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2395939  :o
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up