Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a couple of artists' permissions (or yours!)  (Read 8279 times)

Fireblend

• New User
    • View Profile

Hello! I'm currently working on a Space Invaders-like game as an university assignment, and I'm really interested in using a couple of songs on it. However, after searching I have not found any indication of a license whatsoever in this site or contact information for the artists that made the songs I'm interested on using. I saw you guys were helping someone find some artists he wanted to contact, so I decided to try and see if you know how I can contact the authors of these two files

Strobo - MindFlow
Twice - Blue Silence

In case you need any info, as I said it's a university assignment but I'd like to make it open source and distribute it as a completely free game, I'd get absolutely no kind of profit from it (other than whatever grade my project gets, that is  ;D).I'm kind of in a hurry since the project is due Friday (I guess I can present it and not distribute it though) so I'd like to get the authors' permission as soon as possible.

However, if you don't know about their contact information but would be willing to give me permission to use your own music, then also post here so I can at least know what music I can use, or contact me by AIM (Fireblend) if you're interested in helping out. If requested I can post screens from the game, or maybe upload a video.

Thanks in advance!!  ;D

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: Looking for a couple of artists' permissions (or yours!)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 09:52:31 »

I'm sorry - Don't know any contact info for these guys. But if you can settle for MP3 coded music, you can take your pick from whatever you want here:

http://ahx.m0d.info

or here:

http://www.red-heat.com/

Just let me know which track(s) you want (if any, you might not like the style) and I'll give you permission.
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Fireblend

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 18:14:53 »

Thanks! I looked around and I think I might replace my current menu music with one of the songs you offered ("RedHeat_-_State_of_the_Mind.mp3"). If that would be alright then tell me any information you'd like included in the credits in the case I ultimately decide to go with it(what name should I credit the name to? What website?) Most of your tracks are pretty good, though I couldn't find anything appropriate for the game itself, still, thanks a lot! Really appreciated ;D I must admit, this indie/mod music scene is new to me, but I'm really liking what I'm hearing.

If anyone else would like to give me permission to use their tracks so I have a bigger selection to choose from, please post here! Thanks again!

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 18:48:04 »

Thanks! I looked around and I think I might replace my current menu music with one of the songs you offered ("RedHeat_-_State_of_the_Mind.mp3"). If that would be alright then tell me any information you'd like included in the credits in the case I ultimately decide to go with it(what name should I credit the name to? What website?)

You are welcome.

RedHeat (red-heat.com) is sufficient credit.

👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

barryvan

• I can't decide if you're adorable or creepy.
    • View Profile
    • barryvan
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 02:49:28 »

You're free to use mine, too. You can get 'em all over the shop - Trax In Space, Modplug Central, my website. (TiS and Modplug are probably best.)

Feel free to have a look through them. I'm happy to convert them into whatever format you want - MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC...
www.barryvan.com.au - design & music

the barryvan compo - Bimonthly inspiration-based compo

barryvan  @ Last.fm
Pages: [1]   Go Up