Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: track audio output (multi channel output)  (Read 4648 times)

urban soul

• New User
    • View Profile
    • freak stuff
track audio output (multi channel output)
« on: June 10, 2008, 21:06:52 »

Hello devels,

actually I feel a bit bad to have a feature request in my second thread here...

MT is becoming a major source of creativity for me and my workflow would be greatly enhanced if I had each track on its own output channel, let's say via jack (on linux or os x).

Last time this was requested in 2007... it may not be so difficult. Outputs could be hard wired, without extra GUI. Out 1/2 would be default as normal. Every other track n would be on output n+2 if the number of outputs is available. Mostly it would require diving into the jack code. Maybe also output buffers. (I was never concerned with driver programming, only soft and hard dsp).

Using another tracker is out of the question. (tried them all). First I thought it would be a hard learning curve and I can't use it when im drunk and stoned. Wrong! It goes like a charm, I managed complex (well - it seemed complex at this time) programming tasks like 5 over 13. The next day I had the handbook and shortcuts at hand - and it was even better. I like particularly the fact that lts not bar/beats based. At the beginning I thought this is for rapid prototyping. And you can have a grid as fine as you like - with the expand function. Now I like the raw sound and many many tracks will make it straight into the final mix. If only I had the chance to connect 20 milky-tracks straight to my mixing desk...

cheers,
and big thanks again for this piece of software.

„Es mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas!“ Zapata

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: track audio output (multi channel output)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 23:19:51 »

This feature has been requested before, it would be a nice feature to add. It's on the todo list, but in the meantime if you feel like having a go yourself, the source code is available  :)

Hehe, sorry - that was copy&pasted from another feature request thread. Jack multi-channel support is something I was thinking about adding, I think some re-arranging of the audio code is needed to have it nicely integrated.  Jack transport control would also be good.  I'll have a go at extending the Jack support when I'm in the mood and have the time, but in the meantime.. ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 23:29:09 by Deltafire »
Pages: [1]   Go Up