Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (split topic) Music for project  (Read 6265 times)

Phantom

• New User
    • View Profile
(split topic) Music for project
« on: June 19, 2008, 22:22:23 »

Mod,

I am in a similar situation as Fireblend. I am a lecturer and I do research on real-time ray tracing. Over the past year, my students have created a game using the ray tracer, and we are about to release it. I used some placeholder music, but I would really like to have something better... After reading this topic I checked your site, and found quite some tracks that would suit the game. My wishlist:

'Echoes of the Past', as a title tune;
'Abstract Landscape', for level 1;
'Quest', for level 2;
'Time Oddyssey', for level 3;
'Years End', for level 4;
'Midnight', for level 5;
and finally 'Starlight', which is my favorite - I would like to use it for the end credits.

You can find a beta of the game here:
http://igad.nhtv.nl/~bikker/files/ltbl/ltbl-beta.rar

More information about the technology:
http://igad.nhtv.nl/~bikker

Real-time ray tracing is a rather hot topic in the game development scene right now; we expect the game to attract quite some attention. PCPerspective will post a large article on this game and the underlying technology; usually PCPerspective articles on ray tracing are mentioned on Slashdot, so there will be quite an audience.

Of course the game itself is free, we will make no money.

- Jacco Bikker
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:09:57 by m0d »

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: Looking for a couple of artists' permissions (or yours!)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:07:51 »

Mod,

I am in a similar situation as Fireblend. I am a lecturer and I do research on real-time ray tracing. Over the past year, my students have created a game using the ray tracer, and we are about to release it. I used some placeholder music, but I would really like to have something better... After reading this topic I checked your site, and found quite some tracks that would suit the game. My wishlist:

'Echoes of the Past', as a title tune;
'Abstract Landscape', for level 1;
'Quest', for level 2;
'Time Oddyssey', for level 3;
'Years End', for level 4;
'Midnight', for level 5;
and finally 'Starlight', which is my favorite - I would like to use it for the end credits.

You can find a beta of the game here:
http://igad.nhtv.nl/~bikker/files/ltbl/ltbl-beta.rar

More information about the technology:
http://igad.nhtv.nl/~bikker

Real-time ray tracing is a rather hot topic in the game development scene right now; we expect the game to attract quite some attention. PCPerspective will post a large article on this game and the underlying technology; usually PCPerspective articles on ray tracing are mentioned on Slashdot, so there will be quite an audience.

Of course the game itself is free, we will make no money.

- Jacco Bikker

Hi Jacco

I appreciate the interest, as long as credit is shown, you're welcome to use the tracks listed above for this project.

I split this topic from the other as it seems unfair for both of us to gatecrash the other chap's thread :) Hope you don't mind.

I wonder which establishment you lecture at?
I actually live in the Netherlands (but I come from England) and noticed the URLs have the .nl suffix. :)

Edit: I just saw your CV. You're right next door :) I'm about 15km from Breda in Rijen.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:14:30 by m0d »
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Phantom

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: (split topic) Music for project
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 20:40:18 »

Hey,

Many thanks! We'll make sure to add proper credit. And nice to hear you actually live pretty close to us here in Breda. :)

- Jacco.
Pages: [1]   Go Up