Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MilkyTracker's hot-keys and Linux  (Read 8975 times)

BiTL

• New User
    • View Profile
MilkyTracker's hot-keys and Linux
« on: July 07, 2008, 15:42:10 »

I try to work with Milky in Linux (Ubuntu). I can not use a combination of keys like-Fasttracker to not come across reserved combinations GNOME. For example Alt+F4 (copy selected block), or Caps Lock (Note off), does not work. In Windows Milky priority used all the necessary combinations how to be about Linux? To not disconnect conterminous with Milky hot-keys for all system.

(this question and for KDE)

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: MilkyTracker's hot-keys and Linux
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 18:26:43 »

The linux version is solely based on SDL, there are only a few workarounds based on x11 for keyboard mapping. To solve this (if it's even possible) you need to bypass the SDL layer.

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 13:28:04 »

You can configure KDE to disable the WM shortcuts for specific applications, I don't know about Gnome as I don't use it.

BiTL

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 23:53:25 »

I have solved a problem as follows. I work with the win32-version through Wine, switching off in configuration GNOME a combination alt-f4. All works normally in this case. Including note off (caps lock). Not clearly following for what then the version for Ubuntu is necessary? It in fact is not suitable for use.

Deltafire

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 18:32:48 »

Use the key to the right of left-shift (\ on my keyboard) to enter a note-off.

As I said, I don't know how to disable the shortcuts in Gnome. However, if anyone does know a way to disable global shortcuts programmatically then I'd be glad to implement it (Renoise does this somehow..)
Pages: [1]   Go Up