Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to save .wav  (Read 9048 times)

DeaQuz

• New User
    • View Profile
How to save .wav
« on: July 28, 2008, 18:01:06 »

I'm using cool edit pro for cutting samples.

What is the best way to save them for Nitrotracker?  :rolleyes:

nitro2k01

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: How to save .wav
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 02:40:34 »

The easy answer is that you should just save them as mono, 44100 Hz or 22050 Hz and copy to your flash card. But there are a lot of things you can do when it comes to compression (As in dynamics procession) and eq'ing.

bentendo

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:42:47 »

from the old forum:

PostPosted: 30.04.2008, 14:22    Post subject: maximum sample/song size    Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
I am using 16bit 44.1khz mono audio and want to know the maximum size sample i can load in one go, both in seconds and in KB. I also want to know the maximum song size in KB. Also whats the total available memory in KB available for loading samples.

PostPosted: 30.04.2008, 23:37    Post subject:    Reply with quote
You have about 3MB RAM available in NitroTracker. Pattern data doesn't use much of that (It's 7*n_channels*n_rows bytes per pattern). RAM is the limit for sample/song size, so the maximum sample length given 44100khz 16bit mono would be:

3*1024*1024 / (44100 * 2) = 35 seconds. But 44100khz samples are sort of a waste because the DS has an output sampling rate of only 31000 khz or so (don't remember the exact value).

BENTENDO SAYS: I also use cooledit and due to the above DS output limit I opt for:

sample rate : 32000
bit depth: 16
MONO

This gives the best quality, obviously if you are trying to save space or go for a crunchy feel you can go lower.

tekrosys

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 00:18:43 »

I read elsewhere in the forum that NT resamples wav files to 33khz, since the native sample playback rate on the DS is 33k.  Does saving files at the native sample rate prevent the resample when loading in NT?  For things like drums where you want to use the originally recorded pitch anyway, would this give you a better quality sample when played back in NT?

devin

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:58:16 »

songs sound better when played through milkytracker, for example, which leads me to believe nitrotracker retains the original bitrate of the samples although the DS can't render them perfectly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up