Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [fixed] bug: IT with patterns > 256 rows are not accepted...  (Read 14578 times)

ThePhanoo

hello

I've uploaded some of my songs, but a lot were rejected !!
Code: [Select]
    * File: szc2_-_the_path_of_death.it
    * MD5: 54a28d22008b9a63478c6c13a9708708
    * Reason: The module was rejected because it appeared to be unsupported format/invalid/corrupted. (on Thu 31st Jul 2008).

* File: szc2_-_the_battle.it
    * MD5: 5ecc515b79b6cf15f4fe4b68aab5222c
    * Reason: The module was rejected because it appeared to be unsupported format/invalid/corrupted. (on Thu 31st Jul 2008).

* File: szc2_-_strange_dreams.it
    * MD5: bfe6e4feb255c4d041a5b04b20cfa3d8

* File: szc2_-_corrupted_memories.it
    * MD5: 0f626962f1265d8f7cea31f53ffc6c69

* File: szc2_-_dry_grounds.it
    * MD5: 7590f93988c03aad9256bf724645fce4

* File: szc2_-_game_over.it
    * MD5: b42f33dfcdc0a8d8f7f1efa5f01e1b9d
    * Reason: Too short to be worth adding (on Thu 31st Jul 2008).

but ALL the files are OK... It's strange, the songs that where rejected have some really big patterns (512 rows sometimes). I've cutted them into 256rows patterns, I will see if it works...

it would be great to correct this bug...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 23:17:04 by m0d »

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
Re: bug: IT with patterns > 256 rows are not accepted...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 23:35:34 »

Not a bug. All rejection messages are manually from screeners.  If it's stated corrupted then it's because it failed to play in standalone player such as XMplay which is the benchmark.

I'm not personally responsible for overseeing these particular ones, but the above seems to be the general issue.
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Koli

• View Profile
    • BitFellas
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 23:54:59 »

I rejected those modules as corrupted because they refused to play in XMPlay. The last module in the list was rejected because it was only around 8 seconds long.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 12:27:06 »

It's not like OpenMPT is the standard. You are using the IT format which is obviously not OpenMPT's format but Impulse Tracker's. The original ImpulseTracker only supported patterns with 256 rows, no stereo samples, no high-pass filters,VST-plugins and other stuff you may use. The IT format has been changed by Modplug (and later OpenMPT) to include this stuff. XMPlay supports Modplug modules quite well (e.g. DMO effects, stereo samples and all that jazz), but it doesn't support OpenMPT extensions yet. You can always ask Ian to include those features at the XMPlay forum, though.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Koli

• View Profile
    • BitFellas
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 13:33:29 »

maybe XMPlay need some updates, because my files works well on OpenMPT (it supports 1024 rows patterns... XMPlay seems to be limited to 256  :o)

To be honest, I don't think XMPlay needs it. I only know of one person who uses OpenMPT (Jojo) while many others use XMPlay or Winamp with the BASS plugin.

for the Game Over song, you cannot really accept it ? it's to have my complete soundtrack on ModArchive, the soundtrack I composed for the game Sub Zero Conditions 2

Well, I'm not sure how people would take an 8 second module being uploaded when the majority of them in the archive are over a minute long.

Saga Musix

• TMA Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • I love OpenMPT! And Modules! And TMA! And Pie! :>
    • View Profile
    • Saga Musix - free module music and more!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 15:54:59 »

Err. i use OpenMPT for tracking. XMplay is my media player. :P also for screening.
» My TMA artist profile
» Visit my music site: https://sagamusix.de/ [de, en]
» Visit my programming website: https://sagagames.de/ [de]
» Open ModPlug Tracker

Koli

• View Profile
    • BitFellas
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 23:32:24 »

Err. i use OpenMPT for tracking. XMplay is my media player. :P also for screening.

Duh, I worded it wrong.

Koli

• View Profile
    • BitFellas
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 10:13:20 »

2 of them have the status "Awaiting 2nd opinion", what it means ?

It means the screener (in this case, me) isn't sure if the module(s) are of listenable quality and requests another screener's opinion.

Koli

• View Profile
    • BitFellas
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 11:10:57 »

Ok... I'll download XMPlayer to see how it sounds on this player... I know some players like Winamp plays very bad some (especially mine) modules (envelope that never release.. :-\)

I think Winamp uses MikMod as it's default module player, which is inaccurate - although BASS (the sound engine XMPlay uses) can be installed to replace MikMod. XMPlay on the other hand is considered the most accurate player on the planet.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 16:51:46 »

thank you for you 'fastness' (sorry if the word isn't correct)... answers are made quickly on this forum  ;)

There's a bunch of us regulars lurking in the forums throughout the day just waiting, fingers itching, to jump in and reply to posts. But it seems that although the site (and the forum) gets a lot of traffic daily, a very small percentage of visitors (have the courage to?) post anything.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up