Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flash-based module player released!!  (Read 14118 times)

Bad Sector

• New User
    • View Profile
Flash-based module player released!!
« on: August 03, 2008, 19:58:59 »

Forget about the problems, i managed to fix them :-).

Here is the player and the code, finally i managed to implement most commands and test them with MilkyTracker (which is accurate enough). A few commands (three to be exact) aren't implemented yet, one of them will be soon. But all of them are rare and most modules play without problem. Also commands about panning are ignored because there is nothing to pan - the playback is in mono.

The player is written in haXe but it should be easy to use it with the normal Flash IDE (by generating the ActionScript 3 code with haXe's -as3 flag). The code is licensed under the zlib license, so you can use it without obligations.

Have fun and tell me if you find any issues (with info on how to fix, if you know :-)) or if you use this player somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 21:33:34 by Bad Sector »

Bad Sector

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Flash-based module player released!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 12:02:14 »

I made a new version and new site for the player too :-)

New stuff in 1.1:
* Improved MOD playback.
* Expanded the pitch table to include non-standard octaves (some MODs use them).
* Repeating in both ModPlayer and DynSound (thanks to oNyx's patch!)
* A liiitle more "documentation" on the site.
* More stuff i don't remember right now :-P

vadim

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:46:03 »

Thank you VERY MUCH for this player, it is brilliant! :D

is it stereo or not?)  ???

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 01:36:22 »

Doesn't seem like stereo.. Perfect!

Bad Sector

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:58:57 »

No. I might add stereo support at some point, but since it'll need to generate double the wave data, it'll also need double the time to preload the music :-).

In other news, i've made a nice simple tool to preview MODs in FMP :-).

Since FMP isn't 100% accurate to MODs (and due to the way it works, it'll never be), i thought it would be a nice idea to make an easy-to-use tool that plays MODs via FMP so musicians who make (or modify) MODs to be used with FMP have an easy method to play their MODs.

EDIT: also i made this tool to convert binary files to haXe source code so you can embed MOD files in SWF files an play them using FMP's playBytes function. If you're making a Flash game for licensing to flash game portals, having a single SWF file without external dependencies is pretty much a requirement for most portals.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:15:14 by Bad Sector »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 13:21:08 »

Thank you, Sir! And just to clarify my earlier comment, I actually prefer mono to the Amiga L/R hard panned stereo.

Bad Sector

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 23:25:46 »

A note to those looking at this page and cannot find the player: i've lost the domains i had at the time. The player can now be found at my github page at https://github.com/badsector/fmp/ and a demo with some random modules at http://runtimelegend.com/pages/badsector/test/fmp. The playback is improved since my initial post and i've added optional stereo mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up