Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: absolute beginner!  (Read 17815 times)

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: absolute beginner!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 08:05:08 »

You're probably browsing for samples with a song loader and that's why you can only see supported module types instead of samples. Use the Type button in the internal file browser to switch to loading samples, or use the Load button in the sample editor. You can also drag and drop files on MilkyTracker but note that if you drop a sample on it, it will overwrite the currently selected one so first select an unused one.

EDIT: Oh, but you said:
when I go to samples, and click load.....I point to the file where they are and wont even show them. ??
Hmm, that just doesn't sound right. I'm sure you're missing something because the Amiga settings don't affect this in the least.

EDIT2: Btw, the MilkyTracker manual lists all the supported file formats.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:10:52 by raina »

pailes

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 08:32:58 »

Also instruments are not samples and samples are not instruments. Samples are part of an instrument though. But you can not load samples where you should be loading an instrument.

toneunkee

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 19:29:56 »

I see!  It seems that XM files are way more flexible and higher quality audio-wise.  It looks like www.maz-sound.com has some nice instrument libraries.

I am curious about the audio file type for the Nintendo DS.  Strangely, there is no information out there about it.  I'm guessing it is tracker based files?

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 22:10:26 »

I am curious about the audio file type for the Nintendo DS.  Strangely, there is no information out there about it.  I'm guessing it is tracker based files?

I don't think there's any one type but rather it is whatever the programmer makes it. The DS specs are something like being able to play 16-bit audio at 32kHz on 16 channels. So a multichannel tracker and a player can be made to work on the DS (see Tob and sverx's efforts). It is possible but not a standard. Professional DS musicians are probably composing in their sequencers and utilizing proprietary tools.

toneunkee

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 00:07:11 »

yes! nitro tracker - I heard of this.  however, I just spent some money on a nanoloop cartridge for my GBA so that will take some time to learn first.

Ok, back to MT....

I managed to download a mod song and it's helping me to learn things.  I removed some notes and also deleted a few patterns making the song smaller, but when I tried to save...I got that "song contains incompatable samples" error again.....THEN I noticed that one of the samples had a relative note of 5 (which is strange beacuase the song was already a 4 channel amiga mog) so I change it to 0 and THEN when I try to save again, I get the "incompatable pattern data" error.  I don't understand this,  Any clues?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 23:01:49 by toneunkee »

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 14:23:37 »

Dunno how the frequency table got changed but trust me it doesn't matter. Since it's not possible to use the linear one in mods, the Amiga one is forced. It's not an error but a warning telling you to check the song sounds correct with Amiga freqs.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up