Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello I am a new user!  (Read 4830 times)

phila

• New User
    • View Profile
Hello I am a new user!
« on: September 17, 2008, 13:54:10 »

Hello!
It is my first time on this forum so I'll introduce myself.
I'm a (registered) Renoise user, but I find Milkytracker really interesting, in particular because it is very portable(can run on a lot of platforms), fast and stable.
But the thing that is is now open source is very very interesting: this is because I registered to the forum.
So, let's start with the stupid question: where can I obtain the source code (I looked in the weebsite but didnt find anything)?
How can one help with the development?
Is there a forum dedicated to developers?
Thanks a lot. have fun
Bye!

.. sorry for my bad english!

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Hello I am a new user!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 14:13:27 »

Hello there.

Here are some intelligent answers: ;)

The source code for the v0.90.80 release is on the download page, on the bottom of the MilkyTracker box. But to take part in active development, you probably need a more recent snapshot and/or Subversion access. For that, come chat on the IRC channel.

How can you help? You name it! Is there something you wish to contribute? A port? A feature? A bugfix? This is what you're going to be asked anyway when you ask for the up-to-date source.

No dedicated forum, we're one (not that) big, (mostly) happy family. Post on these boards or join the chatroom.

phila

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I am a new user!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 21:49:15 »

LOL thanks, I didn't see it.. ;D

I must say I have no precise idea (at the moment) about how can I help: to be sincere my idea was "wow! it can be nice to look at the source code! and why not, one day I could help the other developers..!"

I don't really know if I'll have a lot of time (I am a student and also have a part-time job) but I'll take a look at the source code as soon as I can and I'll also start using MilkyTracker a little more!  ;)

Pehraps we'll meet one of this days on the IRC channel..!

Bye!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up