Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sample copy paste problem  (Read 4914 times)

disco-x

• New User
    • View Profile
sample copy paste problem
« on: September 18, 2008, 03:33:17 »

hello everyone, i'm new to the forum but have been using milky a little here and there for the last year or so (i've got renoise aswell but milky gives me more of an old school fix). i'm trying to cut little sample chunks from a loop to a new sample slot. when i try to paste into the new sample slot the pitch is way low. any easy ways to fix this? i'd like the pasted sample to be at the same pitch as where it was copied from. i use trackers mostly as phrase samplers so this is kinda a big one for me. thanx in advance for any help.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: sample copy paste problem
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 13:05:14 »

MilkyTracker automatically adjusts the relative note and finetune values (in the Instrument Editor) for samples when they are loaded but not when you copy a snippet and when paste it into an empty slow. That one stays with the default 0 values.

You can continue working like you already do but then you have to manually adjust the aforementioned values for the new samples so that the pitch is the same across all of them.

Another way to quickly have the same settings on multiple slots is using the instrument copy dialog (the Copy button in the Instrument Editor) if you first clone your sample in multiple slots, the settings are carried over as well. How you proceed is your choice. One way is to crop each sample how you like..

disco-x

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: sample copy paste problem
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:20:28 »

thanx a ton, thats easy enough. it would have taken me a little while to figure that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up