Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pattern editor skips a few lines when inserting a note  (Read 8267 times)

theresonant

• New User
    • View Profile
Pattern editor skips a few lines when inserting a note
« on: October 12, 2008, 23:12:38 »

Good evening! (it's 00:02 in my room now)

I was playing a little bit with MilkyTracker for maybe the third time ever and I like it alot (don't know much about trackers, and Milky made it easy to get the basics), when I noticed that everytime I add a note or delete one, the cursor moves 3 lines below the line with the note I just added/deleted. For example, if I'm at position 20 in a pattern and I want to insert let's say a C4, I move the cursor at the line marked with 20 and I hit the 'Z' key ('Z' is for C4, right?). The note is added where I want it to be, at 20, but the very next moment, the cursor jumps at line 23.

I don't really like it this way, if I add a new note I'd like to move the cursor to the line immediately below, not jumping lines away. Is this a feature which I can change or disable? I looked over the config, but found nothing...

Thanks!

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: Pattern editor skips a few lines when inserting a note
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 23:25:53 »

You have changed the default Add value by either clicking the + button (next to Add) in the main panel or by pressing the key left of 1. The default value 1 will have the cursor move 1 line after you insert a note.

(and Shift+The key left of 1 does what the - button does)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 23:42:03 by raina »

phate

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 16:30:46 »

It took me quite a while to figure out that the tilde key was add and shift-tilde was (un?)add.

I love it, though. I only wish that Milkytracker had a multiply current add-value by 2 (and/or 3) hotkey. Saves lots of time when you need quarter/half/whole/triplets fast.

theresonant

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 16:34:33 »

Raina's right, I did press the tilde key, I was trying to find the "note-off" on my keyboard. Thanks alot!

By phate's words, I infer that this feature is used especially when you want to create a rythm with regular beats, so you don't have to repeatedly hit the "down" key to skip a few lines. Thanks phor the tip, phate!
Pages: [1]   Go Up