Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for music from a demo...  (Read 6292 times)

enax

• New User
    • View Profile
Looking for music from a demo...
« on: May 19, 2006, 02:31:12 »

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if any of you can help me find a music track from a 1994 Assembly demo. The demo is called Fairytale, and the group that made it went under name of Styx. The music tracks for the demo were written by MrWilloW. Now, the thing is, I have the demo, but it's so unstable it barely runs on pure DOS systems, and there's no way to start it up under Windows, it even manages to freeze DOSBox. But regardless of the horrible programming, I really love the music from it so I'd be thankful if anyone can help me. Alternatively, if nobody has the track, I'd be happy if somebody would tell me if there's a way to extract a music track from the demo itself. Anyway, I'd be really glad if someone here could help me!

m0d

• Creator of Meow Meow Meow Kitty Song
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Poster
  • Original Site Admin/Designer/Coder
    • View Profile
    • Science & Art - Eindhoven.space - RedHeat Music & More
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 13:14:07 »

I've had a look in all the instrument texts and comments of IT files of the entire archive and have not yet yeilded any results. I'm afraid it looks like these guys didn't release their music here on modarchive, perhaps you can also look at ftp.scene.org ?
👨‍💻 Creator, Musician & HF Packet Radio Network Core
🎧 Discover great music via other member's special picks in the MFG
☕️ Get m0d a coffee via Ko-Fi.com
💬 IRC irc.rizon.net #modarchive
💬 Modarchive Discord

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 19:42:58 »

The actual mods (7 of them) are in the fairy.t file in the archive (demo). They sound corrupted when played back on windoze replayers after I ripped them.

The text file says they were written in fasttracker and screamtracker but the header data for each mod uses the protracker signature. They could be slightly modified for the demo but I dont see why they should be. I'm not sure if the m.k is at the correct offset, or how to calculate the samples.  The mods themselves sound  :quote: old :quote: (samples from St-00) i suspect.  :shock:

It needs someone who knows the mod structure better than me, bcoz I dont. Anyone else know about the mod file structure?

Axxy

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for music from a demo...
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 15:01:50 »

Just a quick update.

Asle at AMP has successfully ripped these modules and has added them to the AMP database.  You can find them under the MrWillow handle.

Nice one Asle!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up