Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: having trouble with milky(noob)  (Read 5434 times)

milkynoob

• New User
    • View Profile
having trouble with milky(noob)
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:59:35 »

I touched the settings :) and now when i hit a key during recording it doesn't move down. it stays in the same place. Also how do you make the length of the song longer the 100.

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
Re: having trouble with milky(noob)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:45:09 »

Maybe you decreased the Add value to 00? That controls how many rows you advance after note entry. This setting is in the main panel, just above the load and save buttons.

You can't make the song longer, FF (=255) is the maximum. If you're running low on these so called order numbers (and associated patterns), you should try using slower speed settings (lower BPM, higher Spd) and/or increase the length of your individual patterns. The Expand button first doubles and then quadruples the original pattern length..

Wait a minute, I just realized that's what you have been doing, you're only using 1 pattern out of 256 possible in your song. Use the Pattern Order Table in the top left corner of the screen to arrange more patterns into a sequence. A sequence like this for example:

00|00
01|01
02|00
03|02

first plays your original pattern, then a new one (empty at first), then the original one is repeated on order 2, and there's another new one on order 3.

milkynoob

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: having trouble with milky(noob)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 11:08:09 »

Maybe you decreased the Add value to 00? That controls how many rows you advance after note entry. This setting is in the main panel, just above the load and save buttons.

You can't make the song longer, FF (=255) is the maximum. If you're running low on these so called order numbers (and associated patterns), you should try using slower speed settings (lower BPM, higher Spd) and/or increase the length of your individual patterns. The Expand button first doubles and then quadruples the original pattern length..

Wait a minute, I just realized that's what you have been doing, you're only using 1 pattern out of 256 possible in your song. Use the Pattern Order Table in the top left corner of the screen to arrange more patterns into a sequence. A sequence like this for example:

00|00
01|01
02|00
03|02

first plays your original pattern, then a new one (empty at first), then the original one is repeated on order 2, and there's another new one on order 3.
Yeah i got it. thanks allot. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up