Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My first song  (Read 7037 times)

Kripton

• New User
    • View Profile
My first song
« on: December 25, 2008, 20:05:50 »

Well after weeks of messing with effects and samples I finally made something today that sounds ok  :D (must be the Christmas atmosphere)

It's very short but any constructive criticism and tips would be greatly appreciated as always. 

jivatma

• New User
    • View Profile
Re: My first song
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 09:44:10 »

Heheh, sounds a little bit like an underwater atmosphere and a bit like Christmas :) , so the title "WATERLilys" is perfect.

My songs aren't so much longer than yours at the moment, so i don't really have any tips for you.

Greetings,
Ingo

Kripton

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 19:37:09 »

Hehe thanks jivatma,  ;D

I'm glad that somebody liked it. It seems melodys are the hardest thing for me to produce at the moment. No doubt though there will be more songs soon  ;)

Regards,
Kripton

jivatma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 15:42:43 »

Well, you can try to create simple and short melodys first. And then go on to more and more complicated Melodys. But i guess, that you did know that.

A tip might be: you can try to think and feel a melody first and remember it for as long as you can. While that, you can try to reproduce it note after note (step by step) in Milky. :) - That is what i did in FruityStudio Demo and some older Midi-based Music-Program, where you can see the notes in a grid, called PianoRoll. (i'm more the graphic oriented guy, means i think and visualize more in a graphical way, sometimes)

Greetings,
Ingo  8)

Kripton

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 23:39:00 »

Yeah I know. I have melodys in my head but I just cant seem to get them out note for note. Finding the right samples is hard as well. Im not a hugely musical person but I'm quite happy with my progress. Thanks for the tips.

Regards,
Kripton  :D

jivatma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 11:13:40 »

If the step from your head to the notes in milky is the problem, then this can possibly help you: http://www.pianolessonsunlimited.com/navigation/navigation_frameset2.html there you can try the 'Ear Training 101', which is a light version of an ear-training-program :) . if you want a completely free ear training program, which is a full version, you can try 'GNU Solfege' (wich is available for Windows and Linux).

or you can try Duncan Loriens Course, which can be found here: http://www.dlorien.com/

btw. happy new year ^_^

Greetings,
Ingo  8)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:17:40 by jivatma »

Kripton

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 19:35:03 »

WOW!

Thank you so much. Never even thought of searching for something like that. I must say I can see this benefiting me hugely. Thank you again!

Many happy returns,
Kripton
 ;D

jivatma

• New User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 13:56:11 »

You are welcome, Kripton ^_^ . It' good to see you happy =) .

btw. if you need Samples, you can try this Software-Synthesizer:

PC: http://www1.keyboards.de/soundforum/soundforumsynth.zip
Mac: http://www1.keyboards.de/soundforum/soundforumsynth102.sit
Readme: http://www1.keyboards.de/soundforum/soundforum_synth_readme.txt

It's not the best Synth on Earth, but it's fine for the first Steps in Sounddesign. (It is part of the Sounddesign Course by 'Peter Georges' - and it's Freeware). (If you have a Soundcard, that is able to record it's output, you can record some notes, if you like, like C-4 and so on)

An other way to get Sounds from Softsynths, is, to use the Demo Version of FruityStudio ("FruityLoops" Studio) - this is a tip by someone else, and i think, it's a good tip, because you can load VST-Synths/-Instruments into it and after that, you can play with the Knobs and Buttons and create a wave-file, with C-4 Note or Multisamples to get Samples out of the Synths.

The first mentioned Software-Synthesizer (Soundforum Synth) is from a Sounddesign Course, which is very good, i think. Just search for "Soundforum Peter Georges" or "Sounddesign Peter Georges" in your favourite Searchengine.

Greetings,
Ingo  :angel:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 13:58:59 by jivatma »
Pages: [1]   Go Up