Mod Archive Forums Mod Archive Forums
Advanced search  

News:

Please note: Your main modarchive.org account will not work here, you must create a forum account to post on the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DS: xm7play (preview)  (Read 14203 times)

sverx

• View Profile
DS: xm7play (preview)
« on: December 30, 2008, 18:08:44 »

Hi! It's a preview version (the UI is really simple...) but it works... on Nintendo DS, if you have a R4DS/DSTT/another adapter and some XMs on the flash card...

More details & download: here

Feedback appreciated :)

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
Re: DS: xm7play (preview)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 17:05:41 »

cool, I'll try it out soon!

EDIT: Okay, it's pretty good and the UI obviously (as you stated yourself) needs a lot of work, and the 16 channel max is a bit steep, seeing as many songs/modules have more than 16 channels (obviously not all, but still, many do). I can't comment directly on how any tracking effects (such as portamento and the like (first off, because I don't even know what that is, because Nitrotracker doesn't use it, and because I haven't used computer trackers that use effects like that). Other than that it seems to be pretty solid, just work on the channel limit (the only reason I mention this is because Nitrotracker allows for many channels (I've played one with up to 32 channels) so I thought the 16 channel limit was a little low) and interface, and you've got yourself a solid piece of portable software.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 00:22:23 by MatrixMaster3 »
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here

sverx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:55:15 »

Hi! Thanks for testing! I also updated it a couple of minutes ago, there were BAD bugs. Please upgrade!

Unfortunaty the 16 channels are an hardware limit, I should do a software mixing to go over that, and that's not what the library (libxm7, still beta and unfinished) is meant for. I know it means that this player has a limited use, but in fact I released it only for testing purposes.

See you :)

raina

• Milkytracker Moderator
  • Great Poster
    • View Profile
    • raina.kapsi.fi
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 15:48:54 »

Aww, come on. 16 is plenty of channels! But of course you need proper effects support to make the most out of them. I personally value the work put into xm7 mainly because I've had the opportunity to watch, comment on and influence its development closely and so I would gladly and confidently work on a DS project where the music was played on libxm7.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 15:53:58 by raina »

MatrixMaster3

• Rising Star
    • View Profile
    • MatriM3's Songs
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 23:09:23 »

gonna try the update!

also a cool idea, I don't know if you're planning this, it's just that you could plan for RAM expansions (such as the 3-in-1 or ewen). That could (though I don't know about coding) allow for more channel space.
Check out my music here: MatriM3's Songs
My twitter: here

sverx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 12:25:09 »

you could plan for RAM expansions (such as the 3-in-1 or ewen). That could (though I don't know about coding) allow for more channel space.

No, unfortunatly it's not about RAM, it's that NDS has 16 hardware channels only. Just like Amiga had 4.

Btw I just posted an update, here. Could be interesting (for a musician) to check if the "sample optimizer" works as expected :)

sverx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 12:34:32 »

New version released!
It's based on the latest libXM7 so now its support for XM effects is complete. Your XM tunes should play 99.9% accurate... well, hopefully ;)

Here's the official release post.

Beta testers wanted! If you find tunes that have no 99.9% accurate replay, I want to hear them!

sverx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:22:11 »

Finally libXM7 has complete support of every XM feature!

The new version of XM7Play, XM player with also MOD file support, is also available, here :)

I want to know your opinion :) Thanks!

Bye!

Pages: [1]   Go Up